Removing X Pipe

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Any update as to what you did or have done and your progress?

I was able to get mine off in 3 days. It took a shit ton of PB Blaster and banging on the flange where the studs are screwed into. 3 days of soak, banging, soak banging. Attempted to remove ect. It wasn't fun but when it came off, you bet your ass I used antisieze when done.

Not sure if it ever held up because I ended up going long tubes.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
A
I'm not trying to make love to it
I'm try to accomplish something and get it done

Ok, well what is the fun in that... A little pillow talk don't hurt....

Any update as to what you did or have done and your progress?

I was able to get mine off in 3 days. It took a shit ton of PB Blaster and banging on the flange where the studs are screwed into. 3 days of soak, banging, soak banging. Attempted to remove ect. It wasn't fun but when it came off, you bet your ass I used antisieze when done.

Not sure if it ever held up because I ended up going long tubes.

I upgraded my impact gun, redid my compressor set up for optimal performance, and that effer came loose. I did soak it with PB Blaster during the week. The drive shaft was a pain as well, but nothing a little heat and my new impact couldn't handle.

TheOdessa

Reaction score

I upgraded my impact gun, redid my compressor set up for optimal performance, and that effer came loose. I did soak it with PB Blaster during the week. The drive shaft was a pain as well, but nothing a little heat and my new impact couldn't handle.

Sounds like fun! I'm also in Florida so we don't have rust or road salt issues. I'm also inland a bit without salty air. Glad you got it though! Did you upgrade to a FRPP aluminum shaft?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score

It's all good
Nuts and bolts

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Sounds like fun! I'm also in Florida so we don't have rust or road salt issues. I'm also inland a bit without salty air. Glad you got it though! Did you upgrade to a FRPP aluminum shaft?

Haven't decided yet. Was thinking just sending the old one out and getting it refreshed. yeah, I haven't driven it in rain or winter weather for years.

Frank and beans

Lol "How did you get you beans above your frank"...

joe65

Reaction score
amazing how much time and money one little f-er can cost you. Reminds me of working on 1gen SHO's. Those bastards were crammed into the engine bay and the transverse mount made things a pain in the ass. Fun cars until you had to work on them.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I would bust a lot of knuckle on them
They were either lock tite or torqued
Pain to work on

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001