replacement plenum?

GT3FC

Reaction score
so while putting my upper plenum back on after installing my nitrous plate I accidentally put the wrong spacer in for the 5th mounting bolt on the plenum and I kinda brokeded it. I saw that Latmodle Restoration has a trick flow upper plenum for a pretty good price. anyone used one before?

Trickflow plenum:http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...tang-Gt-46L-2V-Black-Trick-Flow-Intake-Plenum

and I guess it wouldn't be a very exciting thread if I didnt show y'all what I broke so here ya go:

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ive never used TF. I always suggest Acuufab whenever possible, but TF has a lot of history behind them. I'd trust their name.

Also, we get sponsor discount! :)

additionally, why you no use right spacer?!??!!??!

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
ive never used TF. I always suggest Acuufab whenever possible, but TF has a lot of history behind them. I'd trust their name.

Also, we get sponsor discount! :)

additionally, why you no use right spacer?!??!!??!
Well I had an intake spacer and I jus assumed the spacer from that would be the right size for the nitrous plate (bad idea). The Sr spacer I had looked shout the same size as the nitrous plate so I just went with it (another bad idea as you can tell) haha I'm not too concerned as it isn't a main mounting point but I want to get it replaced as soon as I can

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
looks like aluminum. you could get it welded, grinded, and painted for less than a new plenum.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the TF plenum.

I like it. No complaints here. Good solid piece.

8461141833_6e19b79b22_c.jpg

joekd

Reaction score
Is that a stock 4.6 plenum? If so I think I have a couple of them in my basement still

joekd

Reaction score
Ok, well if you decide you just want an OEM one I'll sell you one with TB and all for $20 plus actual shipping (can fit it in a flat rate box)

It's been painted red but still has the pretty pony badge on top and everything

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
honestly a new plenum is a new plenum. As long as it is aftermarket. They will all work better than stock. All it creates is a larger, smoother area for the air to flow through. So TF or accufab will work well. Pair it up with a nice 70mm TB and you will be all set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.