Replacement PowerDoor Lock Remote

Discussion in 'Electrical & Stereo' started by ck5.0, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ck5.0

ck5.0 Active Member

I bought my 96 GT used and it did not come with a Factory DoorLock Remote. Didn't most all GT's have this? Has anyone ever ordered and setup replacements? I couldn't find any threads on it.

2. Stangbangin

Stangbangin Active Member

You can order the remote's from the dealer which will cost you some dough or go to a junk yard and ask them if they have any most do, or order them from ebay for pretty cheap less than 10 bucks usually.

Reprogram Keyless Entry Remotes
    This is the How To article on how to reprogram them very easy.

3. Stangbangin

Stangbangin Active Member

and yes all gt's came with the keyless entry...take a peak under your trim panel on your driver side in the trunk you'll see a black box that says anti theft on it..this is the keyless entry module. every single GT i've ever seen has keyless from 94 up

4. scarface

scarface Guest

Do you have a pic of this box? I dont see anything on mine?

5. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

just take out the left side panel in the trunk, then there will be a box with 2 plugs going into it...it will be in a similar spot to where your gas cap is, just on the other side... :thumb:

and if anyone needs a remote, i have an extra from my v6, my GT came with a viper alarm, so i didnt need it :pimp:

6. scarface

scarface Guest

My GT doesnt have anything over there but a trunk vent. :(

7. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

just because i like you ill go out and take a pic of it for you ;)....if mine has one. :-\

8. scarface

scarface Guest

cool! I came home early today to instal the Hpipe, but fedex bumped my shipment to the 9th :(