ReplicaR's Time Trial Mustang build *Engine Rebuild*

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All these hydroboost problems have me concerned . I did hyrdoboost on my old fox years ago it seemed to work quite nicely . Hoping the alternator issues are fixed as well

Welcome back bro!

(Sorry to hijack Replica)

Any updates?

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Nothing yet. I am slowly buying back the interior pieces, since I've decided to try and make the car street class legal for American Muscle Cup that a race group runs here in SoCal. In all fairness, I was planning on getting the rest of the cage done, but that never happened, so the whole tin can experience of a fully gutted car isn't terribly exciting for me. I've sourced all the parts I need, now it's a matter of putting stuff back in the place, and figuring out how to clear the roll bar with the certain panels in the back.

I will probably put a new pump in place later this month, and take it to the shop to figure out why the power steering pump blows up. TrickFlow is still behind schedule on the new upper intake manifold, but they've promised to have something at the end of next week, so still standing by on that. I am currently also searching for proper sized spare donuts (the kind that would clear the Cobra R brakes), so that I can store the car on the spares and keep the race wheels stacked up off the car. I've realized that keeping the car on NT01s for 9 months created some flat spots that don't go away now, and combined with my suspension, it feeds a noticeable amount of vibration through the whole car

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
46340407_10157015983398856_590295421784424448_o.jpg

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I found out that all rear panels will clear the roll bar, it's just a matter of trimming the carpet to allow the use of harnesses, since they are bolted to the floor, and creating the rear seat delete panels in several pieces so that they clear the tubing

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good stuff man! And yea, I have some serious vibration from my tires, and they aren't even nice and grippy like the Nt01s

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
My son was born today, so maybe I'll have some time for mustang work during paternity leave, or maybe not, but I'll update this soon.

50HSN95

Reaction score
Congrats!

I remember those days, now just waiting for the day less than a year out when my kids ask to drive the Mustang.....

Perhaps Ill delay finishing it until they move out.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
An exercise in color matching. These are two kick panels from the interior of my car. The top panel is from 2001 Mustang GT (charcoal black) parts car that donated all of its interior panels minus the dash, the bottom is my original interior panel that used to be grey, but is now painted ColorBond #324 Ford Charcoal Black. I would say the finish is pretty close, considering that one is freshly painted and the other has 17 years of aging and paint oxidation. More content to come soon.

48365247_2390276741055441_4312339098682523648_n.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if it bugs you just do a light face into the other panels and if its done right its really hard to tell with how the light hits the different panels differently

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I think it should be close enough. I'm actually thinking of having someone airbrush the passenger airbag panel with something cool. We'll see, I might just paint it with Russian flag colors at an angle, kinda like the flag on the BMW M badge

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
g43TCXA.jpg

Hurray, it's a Christmas miracle. 3 months after contacting TrickFlow they have finally machined and shipped the upper intake manifold replacement for the cracked intake manifold that's on the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online