Restoring Windows....=/

whitelightning

Reaction score
Ight guys, when i bought my stang i noticed it had some pretty hard water spots on the windows.
i am needing to find out a way to restore my windows to a like new finish.
I got water spots really back on the passenger side door window and quarter window.

*ALSO ON THE INSIDE*
i have these streaks going up and down on the inside of the window. it almost appears as if the window from rubbing against the door panel all this time has scuffed the inside of the window.

i plan on getting a new front windshield, seeing the condition of the rear window as it is tinted and hard to tell but im getting all the tint removed soon. I also am trying to get new glass for the mirrors. I have painted mirrors so buying an entire new mirror is pointless for me. I just need to replace the glass. I replaced the glass on my pickup truck so i am thinking i can do it on the stang.

so if anyone can help me out with any known methods or chemicals that would be great!

thanks.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Any light to medium (depending on the condition) claybar should work. But yeah Meguiars should be fine.

I'm not 100% sure what I used because a friend of mine brought over his products he had since I had ran out.

OP
OP
whitelightning

whitelightning

Reaction score
ok, well I will go down to autozone when i return home next week and ask them for a medium compound as im sure it will be a pita to get off. also if that doesnt work I will try some steel wool and bon ami to see what happens?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I was reading about steel wool a while back and a lot of people don't recommend it. I'd have to google search until I found the article again, it was on an auto detailing forum.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
And once you get the hard spots, wax the sh!t of the windows.

copmagnet

Reaction score
I would not wax the window. wax creates a barrier, which i have found to be very bad if you get stuck in a huge rain storm.

I didnt think of it before. but vinegar is good. I personally use "invisible glass" spray, it cleans up the window just like vinegar would, only its a little easier to use, then i claybar the window, then go back over with invisi glass.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would not wax the window. wax creates a barrier, which i have found to be very bad if you get stuck in a huge rain storm.

Wax creates a barrrier just like the rain-x would..

Dont people apply liquid wax when they go to the car wash or throught the automatic car wash?

google it.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Wax creates a barrrier just like the rain-x would..

Agreed, plus I'd assume that a quality wax would out perform and out last rain-x. Esp because rain-x comes off when you wash the car and if you use a wash that doesn't strip wax I'd again assume that the wax would stay on even if washed.

I could be wrong but that's just what I would figure.

lizwithfries

Reaction score
When I wax my car, I do all the glass. Hardly ever have to use the windshield wipers.

I also have the scraps on the inside from where something was rubbing. It's like cuts in the glass though so I haven't tried anything to fix it, just figured I needed new windows.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I wax my car, I do all the glass. Hardly ever have to use the windshield wipers.

I also have the scraps on the inside from where something was rubbing. It's like cuts in the glass though so I haven't tried anything to fix it, just figured I needed new windows.

I would like to informe you that you madam need new tracks for your windows ;)