Rocker Arm Help

austinw88

Reaction score
I am wanting to put a set of 1.6 roller rockers in my 95 gt 5.0 because I want a f303 cam and they recommend 1.6 rockers and valve spring upgrade, my question is the rocker arms I want dont mount the same as stock ones do I need to put studs in for the rocker arms, does anyone have any info on doing this?

kb1982

Reaction score
What you are going to need is a rocker arm conversion kit like this. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crn-36655-16 When converting over, you will need to measure the pushrod length also, because the stock ones prolly wont work anymore. You need to determine what stud size you want to use, the size the rockers you want use require, and what size thickness pushrods you want to use as this determines guideplate size. Well new pushrods will be needed anyways, because you have to use hardened pushrods with guideplates. Also with the F303, you are gonna want some different valvesprings or you may run into valve float issues

95opal

Reaction score
Swapping in an F cam and using stock heads is about as useful as a bull with tits. Don't waist your time or money until you upgrade heads.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Not trying to be a wise ass, but don't these cars already have 1.6RR's from the getco?

rw95gt

Reaction score
Are you looking for sound or power with the cam swap? You can get pedistal mount 1.6 and 1.7 rockers. No need to convert your heads over unless you have pedestal mount aluminum heads and even then you might as well stick with the pedestal mounts. They will work fine and be more cost effective. Studs aren't really needed unless your running very aggressive cam and spring set up.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online