Saleen Bought by the Chinese?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Ok - So maybe everyone except ME knew about Saleen being bought by a Chinese company to which I humbly ask...WTF!?!?!?
Saleen made some BAD-@$$ cars back in the day and the S7 was supposed to be a world-class supercar. The S-351 is still on my 'cars to buy when I hit the lottery" list. What happened to make him sell to the other side? Ok...money but...why???:(
I have include a link below to the article that clued me in.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/22/saleen-s7-le-mans-relaunched/?yptr=yahoo

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Boeing is waiting for a bailout. They know that what is wrong with the MAX-8 cannot be fixed without bankrupting Boeing. The problem is actually built into the Chinese made computer components. The aircraft cannot be flown without the computer and it will cost more than the airframes are worth to replace all the avionics in every aircraft. Score one for China knocking out the worlds largest weapons maker without firing a shot. AND: The F-35 “white elephant” shares many of the fly by wire avionics with the MAX-8…But that’s a SNEEKRET! So don’t tell. I wonder if that’s why they are so good that the Japanese started stripping the radars and fire control out of them?(the F-35) Only time will tell. But I won’t fly in any of them.

95opal

Reaction score
No suprise here saleen has been struggling to stay afloat for over a decade. Does no one remember when the Steve left saleen in 07 and started SMS? Saleen has had money trubles for a very very long time.
Besides its not like the Chinese quality will be any worse than saleens quality lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Boeing is waiting for a bailout. They know that what is wrong with the MAX-8 cannot be fixed without bankrupting Boeing. The problem is actually built into the Chinese made computer components. The aircraft cannot be flown without the computer and it will cost more than the airframes are worth to replace all the avionics in every aircraft. Score one for China knocking out the worlds largest weapons maker without firing a shot. AND: The F-35 “white elephant” shares many of the fly by wire avionics with the MAX-8…But that’s a SNEEKRET! So don’t tell. I wonder if that’s why they are so good that the Japanese started stripping the radars and fire control out of them?(the F-35) Only time will tell. But I won’t fly in any of them.
Ill tell you the same BS i get badgered with around here....

Conspiracy theories!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ill tell you the same BS i get badgered with around here....

Conspiracy theories!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
at this moment it is nothing more then a conspiracy theory but do you really want us to compare this to pizzagate?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
at this moment it is nothing more then a conspiracy theory but do you really want us to compare this to pizzagate?

Pizza ya say?!?

I’m not hungry. Had had a large mastochioli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Its not surprising. On top of the issue mentioned above. It is also becoming an issue with property (not just commercial property) being bought by Chinese citizens. Wouldnt be surprised to see them infiltrating US businesses.

I have also noticed that the cinese collect manufactuers like trading cards lol Owners of Hummer and some other euro brands have been bought by holdings companies.

Austinx56

Reaction score
Guys chill we will be able to built a S7 for cheap when the counterfeit market finds out!

Austinx56

Reaction score
698c88dd75fb20468fa3c8e12cdb2d48.jpg

OP
OP
Wood's 5.0

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
As quoted from ttocs' article:
"There's a reason why there aren't a lot of companies like us that do this, but for us to have been doing it every model year as long as we have, we must be doing something correctly," Saleen told AN. "Year over year, we have been improving. As with any company, we continue to need capital."
The copy of the Face-thing post by a "Team Saleen" handled Wayne Mertz is interesting as well. I clicked on the link in the OP and it does indeed now show a correction which I DO NOT remember being there on Monday.
Something is fishy with this whole thing. Why would they "partner" or enter into a "license agreement" with the Chinese? Maybe see the highlighted text. Partnering with the Chinese, huh? Anyone see Goodfellas? Remember when the guy who owned the restaurant "partnered" with Pauly? How did that work out for him? You only need more capital when you are losing money. If you are making money, you only use someone elses money when it's cheaper than using your own I.e., you're making 10% on yours but someone else will loan you theirs for say 5%. If an accountant were to go into a board room with the answer of "we must be doing something right", "we posted revenue of 3.8 million and a loss of 11.1 million", and "As with any company, we continue to need capital.", not only would HE be fired, the person who hired him would be fired as well because BOTH will have demonstrated they are grossly incompetent and obviously not qualified to hold the positions they do. "We must be doing something right"? Oh HELL no! WAY wrong answer, slick! You better be able to say EXACTLY what is right AND EXACTLY what is wrong and, most importantly, how you plan to fix it! "Year over year, we've been improving" but since 2011 we've lost $30 million? That's like saying "well, we lost a little bit on this one but we plan to make up for it in volume." If it's my money you're losing, why would I want you to sell more? The more you sell, the more you're going to lose, DA! Sounds like old Steve needs to just call it a day. This makes me pure sick to my stomach. :(

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what makes you think that partnering with a company in a communist country would end up like goodfellas? :)

95opal

Reaction score
Ok - So maybe everyone except ME knew about Saleen being bought by a Chinese company to which I humbly ask...WTF!?!?!?
Saleen made some BAD-@$$ cars back in the day and the S7 was supposed to be a world-class supercar. The S-351 is still on my 'cars to buy when I hit the lottery" list. What happened to make him sell to the other side? Ok...money but...why???:(
I have include a link below to the article that clued me in.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/22/saleen-s7-le-mans-relaunched/?yptr=yahoo

Like i said earlier saleen has been in money trouble going back to 07 if not longer. Side note maybe the Chinese will raise the quality from god awful to just above awful. Lmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online