The Foxote (coyote fox swap) will be updating as progress is made

teal95gt

Reaction score
THERE IS A SIGN OF LIFE!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I recently bought a 90 hatchback. I found out the thrust bearing on the crank was gone after I bought it and drove it for a while, long story short engine was deemed junk unless you had the time and money to take it apart piece by piece and clean it all etc and reassemble it all. I was pretty bummed out about it, but me, my old man and the Shop I have all my work done at talked for about two weeks. We all came to the conclusion the best thing to do was buy a *new* Coyote 5.0 motor out of a salvaged f150 with ~10k miles on it for the same price as what a 351 would have cost me. We then talked about switching the transmission from the race built c4 (car was a weekend warrior) to a brand new t56 6 speed magnum. I knew going into this buying the car was a risk but I said **** it and I guess in a way I am happy the engine turned out to be junk, now I will have one badass foxbody! The car has authentic speedline 17x7.5 saleen rims, to my understanding only 500 sets were ever made so I guess I will keep them haha. I am also lucky at the amount of people wanting to buy stuff from my totaled out sn95, on top of that a lot of local people are buying parts off the fox hopefully this weekend after all is torn out etc and ready to ship and blah blah blah I will have another 4 grand towards the coyote swap. I will ask the guys at the shop to email me or text me pics of it as they get parts in the car etc. They just got the hydroboost setup in today for my power steering and power brakes! I am really ****ing pumped up for this. I will post a few pics of it before I brought it in for the swap.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
last pic I did a full detail on my exterior real quick in like 2 hours haha sped through all of it and came out looking mint as titties. If you guys ever seen my 95 gt build thread you would know I am really anal about attention to small details and making every spotless, when the fox is fully done swapped and interior restored it will be a clean ass ride.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Gonna be sweet man no doubt that motor and car were just made for each other! My buddy is workin on the same thing in his 86, he has a complete procharged coyote with all accessories, a T-56, Cobra IRS, and working on weight reduction and getting sheet metal panels for the interior and engine bay. It'll be a monster when he's done. I wanna find one of those motors for my old F-150.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Man thats pretty sick.. Gonna be one hell of a car after its done. The teal SN will live on in a lot of our cars :eek:ccasion14:

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Gonna be sweet man no doubt that motor and car were just made for each other! My buddy is workin on the same thing in his 86, he has a complete procharged coyote with all accessories, a T-56, Cobra IRS, and working on weight reduction and getting sheet metal panels for the interior and engine bay. It'll be a monster when he's done. I wanna find one of those motors for my old F-150.
yea that is what I want to do eventually, throw a roush supercharger on it and stage 3 cams. I was gonna do a boss intake and cams but I would have to shell out good chunk of change for a new hood and labor for the cams so I figured for now I will just it the bone basics to get it to run strong and then add shit on later down the road when I get the money for it. Your friend's fox sounds badass dude haha, they are so much faster than sn95's and a blast to drive haha.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha.... He said anal.....

Okay but no really killnthrill approves! I looooove foxs and really want one myself. This build should be tits!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'm trying to talk him into joining a forum so he can get some advice or help some others doing the same but he's lazy lol.

Nightmare

Reaction score
That saleen intake and the blower are worth some coin, and the saleen cluster too? Almost makes me think it was once a saleen that the body kit was removed from, but who would do that?

chris91

Reaction score
I know where a f150 coyote and six speed trans are for $5500 if you wanna make the trek to Cincinnati.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
That saleen intake and the blower are worth some coin, and the saleen cluster too? Almost makes me think it was once a saleen that the body kit was removed from, but who would do that?

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. PO should definitely look into that before pulling the motor and parting it out

alex302

Reaction score
very nice fox!

The f150 coyotes have different heads and cams right or is it just cams?

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
very nice fox!

The f150 coyotes have different heads and cams right or is it just cams?

Just different intake cams and if I remember correctly, a slightly different intake correct me if I am wrong.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holy stramboli that fox is clean, definitely looking forward to what comes from this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Staff online