here is a link to his profile:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/itrader.php?u=135275

Site: www.corral.nethttp://
user name: 03cd03
Seller's Name: Derek Deyermand
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's cell phone number: 440-XXX-0108

Here's the story:

I posted a "Want To Buy" thread on corral looking for 2003/2004 cobra parts. The Seller approached me and said he had coil covers, painted black, in moderate condition for sale. He said he didnt have a picture hosted on the web for me to look at them, but that he could send me a picture message. I said that was fine and gave him my cell number. I felt things were a little fishy, due to the fact that his forum account is basically empty (no sig, no avatar, low post number, been a member for a year;) but i figured he just used the site for the classifieds like I do.

Anyways, I got a picture message of some blurry, far away coil covers. They were black and i figured that they were probably better than my damaged ones. I asked him for his paypal and I sent him $40.00 for the coil covers and shipping. This transaction took place on 4-16-10. I figured since we went through paypal, and since it was such a small amount of money, no harm if he does disappear. Plus he had 100% feedback on the website.

I wait 2 weeks for the parts and they never show. I send him a text asking about them and he said he sent them out the day after the payment and he had a reciept to prove it. I said that I trusted him and there were no hard feelings, I just needed him to help me out to get to the bottom of the situation. for the 3rd week, we communicate quite well trying to get the post office to figure out where the package is. We both come up empty. His response is "just keep waiting, they will show up. If you want a refund, i can do that, but if they arrive i want you to re-pay me." I said that i have flawless feedback on all my accounts including e-bay, and that I am in no way out to scam people and that his offer would work. I wait a few more days and on 5-17-10 send him another text (final text) that requests a refund. My time to file a paypal claim was running out, and I gave him as much time as possible.

text is as follows (typos included. lol)
"Hey man. Still no covers. I was curious about a refund until they show up... Its been a month since ii sent payment."

He did not reply to my text message. A few days later, I started a PayPal dispute.
He did not reply to the dispute. I escaladed it to a claim.
He did not reply to the claim. PayPal rules in my favor.

Money sent to Seller: 4-16-2010
Money returned to me from paypal: 6-16-2010

No harm done, but I would hate for one of you guys to buy a $5,000.00 long block from him or something........

NXcoupe

Reaction score
wow, glad it had a happy ending, most folks get told to pound salt by PayPal.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea. I was worried because he said he had a reciept (which now i dont beleive)

all he had to do was scan it and e-mail it to paypal.... i would have been out of luck. but he didnt, and im sure because he never sent them.

Happy ending indeed :)

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
update:

Feedback I left on Corral:
I posted a request for Coil Covers. 03cd03 contacted me and said he had a set of black ones for sale. I PayPaled on 4-16-10. I never recieved the parts. He was very communicative over the phone and via text messages, but the parts still never showed up. He also said he was willing to supply a refund. I sent him a text message on 5-17-10 requesting a refund, and I never heard back from him. A few days later I filed a claim with PayPal. I had to wait a few more days to escalate it to a Claim. After it was escalated to a claim, I had to wait 3 weeks for PayPal to refund my money. Money sent on 4-16-10, Money returned 6-16-10.

he sent me a PM on corral:

03cd03 said:
wtf man. i told u about a thousand times that i did ship those coil covers. i wasnt lieing to u. now i got this negative feedback on here? come on now. they wer 30 bucks which u low balled me on to be4gin with. im EXTREMELY suprised to hear u never got them, nor do i know what happened to them. i contacted the post office who confirmed they went priority mail and should have been ther 2 days after i shipped them. i assumed u got them at some point when u quit calling. esp over something so little.

My Response:

First off, I told you about a thousand times that I did not receive the coil covers. I am *still not* lying to you.

Lets say, theoretically I did get the covers. Would I really go to the effort of texting you for 4 weeks about them? then start a paypal dispute? then a paypal claim? then go on here to rag on you? then go on ebay to buy new ones FOR MORE MONEY? no. That makes no sense.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290442902161&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

As for me low balling you? A new pair of covers (OEM style) go for $50.00 shipped on ebay. I paid you $40.00 shipped for used ones that you admit had minor cosmetic damage in the paint. $10.00 difference for damage/use is not a lowball price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-01-02-03-04-Mustang-Mach-1-Cobra-Valve-Coil-Covers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563d593717QQitemZ370396444439QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I did not stop calling you. The last correspondence I sent you was on 5/17/10. Four weeks after the money was sent... That?s roughly 29 calendar days after I *should* have received them. I did my best to work with you and gave you plenty of time. I would have given you more time, but my PayPal dispute cut-off date was approaching. So after 4 weeks, I pulled the plug.

I figured you would have given me a refund over "something so little" as well. Especially after I opened a PayPal dispute and then escaladed it to a claim.

As for the negative feedback, I've never given a negative feedback before. This has been the first on-line transaction to go south for me. It is buyers' only line of defense against fraudulent online transactions, therefore I felt obligated to use it. I would hate for someone to buy a $5,000.00 crate engine from you and it "gets lost in the mail" as well with no refund after 4 weeks. At least now they have been warned that it's happened in the past.

I have no hard feelings towards you. I will not go into your current threads posting ?this guy never sent me my parts!!!!? I got my money back from PayPal and I purchased new covers. I am content with the situation.

I am sorry you feel the negative feedback is not required, but I was as accurate as possible with the feedback. I also included the fact that you were very communicative at first. I am out to do no harm to anyone, simply protect us online shoppers best I can.

I have done nothing wrong in this situation. I sent the money, I never received my product; I attempted to obtain a refund from you and it did not happen. I went through PayPal, they sided with me and I received my refund. I gave you a month for a set of coil covers or my money back, I got neither. PayPal gave you a month to dispute my claims. That?s two months of time to remedy the situation.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
ive seen so mnay people scammed on corral.net
i dont even buy parts there, i dont care if they are half priced and brand new.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ill still use corral. im much more careful when i do big purchases ($100.00 +)

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wont EVER buy another part from a member.
maybe a sponsor, but most the time i find better deals outside corral.
reason why i have only buy one part there lol

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
update:

03cd03 said:
im not trying to b a dbag by any means. i didnt even know u won a paypal dispute with me. u know i obviously still had the money in my account bc u got it back. this isnt ur fault either but its just wierd. i really did ship the covers. i prolly still have the receipt. i just didnt get tracking and its the only time ever (honestly) that i didnt so it just seems wierd to me u didnt get them. o well. u got ur money back. i didnt even know ther was a paypal dispute or i wouldve just accepted it early and did it. the negative is just over the top bc ive sold a ton of parts and never had a problem.

my reply:

I sent out packages without tracking quite often, but since our encounter I have put tracking on all packages until I can see it arrives. I then ask if the items made it safely and if they are pleased with it. They've always said yes (so far) and I leave feedback.

As for the dispute, PayPal claims to contact the seller, so I felt it was best to keep my nose out of it. I didnt want to "void" the claim by going around PayPal, so I simply followed the instructions they gave me.

If I do, one day, recieve the covers, I assure you I will return them.

Many Thanks,
Chris

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
update:

03cd03 said:
chris, i am extremely sorry honestly but believe me, it wasnt my intention to pip u off by any means. i did ship them. i also have no clue why i didnt get the trackin. i shipped about 30 items that day and just picked which i needed to track to save some money. ill never do that again. idk if theres anything i can do to make it up (even though u got a refund from me already i guess) but i have many parts for sale alllll the time. u rpolly dont want to do business with me again (nor do i blame u) but i could make it up in some form if u needed something.

my reply:

I understand. Ill keep you posted if i think of anything else i need used. at this point all i have left are gaskets, which i need new.

guy seem genuinly sorry. but I think he's more sorry for the feedback than for the 8 weeks of BS i had to go through.

Orange Stang

Reaction score
dude, is he from ohio? CD03 is a name of a member on buckeyestangs and IIRC sketchy stuff went on

Orange Stang

Reaction score
ahh yes, something went on at buckeyestangs and he was involved. i forget what....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online