school me on blingin the car

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you meant Trey, I was just buggin!

you don't want my car, too hard to keep the women off me!

Roger that Meangrn, I'm gearing up to polish my truck again, gotta organize that stuff, and take some pix.
Spring Cleaning!

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i claybar-ed the car probably 6 months ago.. i loved it after i was done. looked amazing!

i can't wait to get back ontop.

so what products would you guys recommend? i will probably get the PC with the extra pads and wheel. i want to know what brand of cleaning supplies to buy or a few different brands.

Im wanting:
new clay bar(s)
polish
glaze (idk if i really need this.. i haven't started reading in depth on this stuff yet)
wax
sealer

what wheel cleaner do you guys use? do you wax/seal the wheels? id like to know some of your guyses tricks too. i got some of my own but id like to know them. also, how do you wash your microfibers? my mom washes mine and they come out good but i always end up buying new towels, i literally have probably 40-50 microfibers from autozone lol. and how do you guys wash your washing mitts (if you guys use them)?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well glazes are used before waxing. The purpose of them is to enhance the shine/depth/wetness of the paint and also hide imperfections. I have been using clearkote red moose glaze and i am really happy with the results. I listed most of the other good products i use currently in a post earlier. I will be trying out a new wax and tire shine is weekend (shipping and weather permitting).

I used pb wheel sealant on my wheels before this winter. I just did it in a hurry so i cant give much feedback but i do think it definately helps when it comes to cleaning etc.

They make specialty soap for mf's. microrejuvinator or something i think its called. I havent tried it but plan on picking some up. just be sure not to use and fabric softener on them. Also i have heard of boiling them to bring them back to like new. havent tried it but a lot of people do it

just wash your mit in a bucket by hand. i plan on switching over to sponges as soon as i get somewhere to pick one up

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
sounds good. thanks MnGrn, i will be looking into this more when it comes time to buy all this.

i have so much stuff to buy at the beginning of summer lol.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
yeah i claybar-ed the car probably 6 months ago.. i loved it after i was done. looked amazing!

i can't wait to get back ontop.

so what products would you guys recommend? i will probably get the PC with the extra pads and wheel. i want to know what brand of cleaning supplies to buy or a few different brands.

Im wanting:
new clay bar(s)
polish
glaze (idk if i really need this.. i haven't started reading in depth on this stuff yet)
wax
sealer

what wheel cleaner do you guys use? do you wax/seal the wheels? id like to know some of your guyses tricks too. i got some of my own but id like to know them. also, how do you wash your microfibers? my mom washes mine and they come out good but i always end up buying new towels, i literally have probably 40-50 microfibers from autozone lol. and how do you guys wash your washing mitts (if you guys use them)?

Okay Trey, I'll give you my recommendation, I've tried a bunch of stuff.
I've bought from a bunch of sources and like the obsessive line, plus Juztang gives us a discount!!
I'm not recommending it BC he's on our forum, I've tried his stuff and it works really good.

Wash - Optimum or Obsessive's wash works great: http://www.obsessivedetail.com/carwashanddetailers.html
Clay - Obsessive has a clay for ya: http://www.obsessivedetail.com/carwashanddetailers.html
Polish - I've tried meguires, poor boys, and optimum, and like them in that order. I use the poorboys polish the most, the pure polish
with carnoba works on everything, chrome, glass, plastic, paint, it's really versital, and removes swirl marks. Porter Cable with
orange pads for polishing, you may want a medium abbrasive, depends on how marked up your paint is. plus it's black, so I'd plan
on polishing it 2 or 3x.
Sealer - I like the Poorboys' EX-P or Optimum, Klasse also works for this, but I haven't put it on my paint yet.
Wax - Natty's or you could try the new wet obsession that he just put out. they both enhance gloss and are ez to apply.

wipe down's - you should also get a spray and wipe for touch up's between waxes. I use the poorboys spray and gloss, and will be trying the Obsessive once I"m out.

Wheels - try the Klasse, you saw what it did on my truck, then coat it with a wax or wheel sealer for super shine. http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html

For goodness sakes, get some good micro's. Juztang's new micro's are great!
I have a few big waffle weaves for drying, and the super fly's for polishing. store brands are for cleaning your wheels and tires, and throwing away! http://www.obsessivedetail.com/microfibers.html
or you could get a kit, and some applicators.

Let me know what you get and how you likes it!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
My main questions would be is it really worhth spending a couple hundred bucks on a PC?

I mean my car looks damn good right now...would a PC, some polish, etc. really take my car to the next level?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have WAY Too many supplies that it wont even come close to fitting on a cart.... i have a few shelves :hammer:

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
My main questions would be is it really worhth spending a couple hundred bucks on a PC?

I mean my car looks damn good right now...would a PC, some polish, etc. really take my car to the next level?
Yes a PC and some good polishes will take your paint to a whole new level. The prep work is the most important part to getting the best possible finish.....claying,polish/swirl removal are very important. You can only do so much by hand, to get the paint looking its best a machine polisher is required. The PC is totally worth the investment.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:

That's because it's Hot and the BAB.

if it was black, you'd be saying otherwise :coolsmiley:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
justinschmidt1 said:

That's because it's Hot and the BAB.

if it was black, you'd be saying otherwise :coolsmiley:

lol...my cars actually Moonlight blue..its an interesting color...its almost mystic...its like BAB in sun lights, this nice blue color in the dark, and sometimes its the blue color, and like purple undertones where theres not direct sunlight.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wow Jeff, everything i was looking for right there.

i will probably make a pretty sizeable order to Obsessive this summer.

i called my boss (dads friend, summer job) and he said he has some work i can do over the summer so 400 a week. ill buy the obsessive stuff probably the first or second week! then ill definitely get that thing shining..

so how do you guys get the water off the car quick. these summer days dry the water before im even done washing. i keep re-spraying the car while i wash.. someone mentioned just running hose water on the car so it doesn't mist all over the car. is that what you do? the black + sunlight is hard to beat when it comes to drying. and i dont have any shade in my driveway.. i may seriously invest in like a pop up tent and drive my car under it haha.

thanks for the info everyone!

Juzstang/Obsessive man, expect my order in about a month! :thumb: :thumb:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya use the end of the hose to rinse the panels off. start at the top obviously and work your way down and you can dry off each panel as you go along. you will have to go back and redo a little on the panels each time but it should eliminate water spots

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ok cool. thats what i thought you said.

ill definitely start doing that then because once those spots are on there, they dont want to come off and im sick of having water spots after everytime i clean the car. :thumb:

i actually end up spraying the quick detailer on their and it takes them off but its annoying to whipe down the whole car then go back over it with detailer.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
lol...my cars actually Moonlight blue..its an interesting color...its almost mystic...its like BAB in sun lights, this nice blue color in the dark, and sometimes its the blue color, and like purple undertones where theres not direct sunlight.

I like it, it's purdy!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
justinschmidt1 said:

I like it, it's purdy!

yea, me too...I think im gonna invest in a PC7424...you can get em for 100 bucks on this one web site

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Dalamar said:
justinschmidt1 said:

I like it, it's purdy!

yea, me too...I think im gonna invest in a PC7424...you can get em for 100 bucks on this one web site

You can get them for pretty cheap by themselves. Then after you get the backing plate, pads, and polishes separately it cost quite a bit more than getting everything in a package deal.

I have PC kits that come with the backing plate, light cutting pad, polishing pad, finishing pad, medium polish, and a finishing polish. I give $10 off of my packages for members here and 10% off any other products and accessories.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online