Scottys first V-8

scotty frank

Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is scotty and I own a 98 GT. This is my first adventure into the muscle side of things, especially with mustangs. So I am here to listen and learn a little.

My 98 GT is a 5 speed non pi with a shorthrow shifter, cobra gauges, underdrive pulleys, flowmasters, cai, cobra wheels, 3.73 gear, and a safe shot of nitrous (only for looks at the moment). I love the car but I wanna se more from it. I know th PI swap is a big help but what other suggestions would you pros make?

I have a guy wanting to trade me a foxbody notch gt 5 speed with 158k its all stock just needs some tlc. Should i take him up on it or not? the only reason i would want it is the 5.0. What is everyones input on the trade? Thanks everyone and i look forwrd to your opinions and advice.

86svo9l

Reaction score
I own a fox and a Sn. The SN is light years ahead of any fox when it comes to build quality and just overall handling, braking, comfort, etc. The fox is more if you are looking for a car to drive on weekends and not something performing DD duties. Go for the PI engine and start saving for a blower :)

5.0kid

Reaction score
welcome! i would keep the sn, as said before, better constructed and i think better styling!

Saint

Reaction score
Glad you found us...enjoy the site, post pics of car

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures of your ride! And Id probley just keep your Sn, from what Ive read and people have said, better all around car.

Venomized

Reaction score
Welcome. As stated keep the SN. The 5.0 is a good motor and cheaper to mod but the 4.6L is also a great motor. The notch mustangs are more meant for being built and reaced not a DD car by any means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online