SCT custom chip?

G

GREG@SN95

American Muscle is an sn95forum sponsor... http://sn95forums.com/Sponsors/index.htm

Check that out ^

SCT makes the best chips/tuners for mustangs... by far...

The chip isn't a bad idea... But whenever you need a retune you will need to take it out and ship it back, or take it to a tuner...

So either wait until you have done all the mods to your car that you want... then get it...

Or buy it, and get it retuned when ever you do a big mod...

The chip will improve gas mileage, throttle response, HP and TQ...

ripper

Reaction score
If i had no tuner that would be the way i would go. Be sure all your vehicle info is correct when you fill out the form and if you have something thats not on there tell them.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well im pretty much done modding for now and cant u get more than one tune with the chip..which means i can can a stock tune,what i got know and what i want later?

G

GREG@SN95

scootin95gts said:
well im pretty much done modding for now and cant u get more than one tune with the chip..which means i can can a stock tune,what i got know and what i want later?

I'm sorry... I don't understand what you are trying to say

ripper

Reaction score
Im not sure my tuner did mine but i think it works like this. When you buy it it comes with a selector switch with 4 settings. You pay for each tune on it. Mine only has 1 tune thats a 93 for blower. You can do the same or have a stock tune as #1 and your hot tune as #2. But you pay twice. Some guys get a third tune added which is a vale' (think thats how its spelt) tune which will only let the car rev to 2k. If someone else say a garage has your car and is doing say brakes when they road test it they cant beat it on ya. I like mine but my tuner is 10 minutes from my house lol. They can also put a dead tune in were your car wont even start if you have no alarm system. Even if a guy pops your lock they cant start it. Im gonna have it done on my next tune.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
scootin95gts said:

do you mean storing 2 different tunes within the chip?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would recommend an X-cal2 instead of a chip...you have alot more flexibility with that....you can change specifications on your own, datalog, and each new tune you can get sent through email instead of having to send the chip bacl to get it retuned.

G

GREG@SN95

DFG_Pimpin said:
i would recommend an X-cal2 instead of a chip...you have alot more flexibility with that....you can change specifications on your own, datalog, and each new tune you can get sent through email instead of having to send the chip bacl to get it retuned.
he can't use a tuner... he's got a '95... 1995 was still OBDI

Tuners are for OBDII and newer... ('96 +)

ripper

Reaction score
Yea thats what the chips are for right Greg? :dunno:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ohh woops, i didnt even check to see what year he was. that sucks....xcal2>*

blackfang

Reaction score
You are better spending the little extra dough getting it from a reputable tuner, not an online parts shop. I have seen quite a few unhappy people who got no gains and nothing from American Muscle with their SCT Products.

MPH, JMS and your reputable tuners will give you a better tune and well worth it as they have tuned hundreds of modulars.

Nothing against American Muscle, just stating what is out there and what the better overall deal is.

G

GREG@SN95

blackfang said:
You are better spending the little extra dough getting it from a reputable tuner, not an online parts shop. I have seen quite a few unhappy people who got no gains and nothing from American Muscle with their SCT Products.

MPH, JMS and your reputable tuners will give you a better tune and well worth it as they have tuned hundreds of modulars.

Nothing against American Muscle, just stating what is out there and what the better overall deal is.

American Muscle = :nonono:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Dude, STFU Greg...the only reason there tunes are aren't as good as tunes from actual tuners are bacuse they are SCT pre-loaded tunes, not custom AmericanMuxcle tunes. just like if you buy it from any other site that isn't a tuner, they give you basic tunes from SCT that isn't made to work with your exact setup like what tuners give you....so please for the love of all things holy, stop going around bashing American Muscle because someone on there staff didn't like you using derogatory words towards them.

G

GREG@SN95

DFG_Pimpin said:
Dude, STFU Greg...the only reason there tunes are aren't as good as tunes from actual tuners are bacuse they are SCT pre-loaded tunes, not custom AmericanMuxcle tunes. just like if you buy it from any other site that isn't a tuner, they give you basic tunes from SCT that isn't made to work with your exact setup like what tuners give you....so please for the love of all things holy, stop going around bashing American Muscle because someone on there staff didn't like you using derogatory words towards them.

lol...

I called her sweat heart...

Its not like I called her a nappy headed ho...

G

GREG@SN95

babycan.jpg

baby5.jpg

baby4.jpg

baby3.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby1.jpg

ryclef331

Reaction score
Your best bet is to HANDS DOWN find a person that can tune your car in person. Every car is different. While a mail order tune might get close, they still have to tune it for safety or else they'd never sell a cheap. So they must be overly careful. You could get a spot on tune via a mail order chip but its VERY doubtful. What you posted, where you send in your mods list, and they send you a chip back, thats really a base line tune that should be FINE tuned on a dyno with a wideband. To get the most out of your car, you're going to have to spend some dough to drive to get to a tuner worth 2 shitz...then thats what you gotta do! You gotta pay to play!! Sh1t, I've got friends that literally, pay to FLY people in from across the country to have them come tune their cars....of course we're talking 1,200rwhp supras but still...tuning is SO important. Its not something you want skimp on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online