Setups for a drift mustang...

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
If you could, and you had the money, what would you put into a SN95 to make it into a drift car? 5.0? 4.6? IRS or solid axle? Coilovers or strut and spring? gutted interior or full interior?

Post up!

Downshift

Reaction score
A skyline engine duh! :D Sorry I couldnt resist. My answer would be a good driver.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If I could build a drift Mustang, I would drift it right over a cliff.

Drifting is like figure skating, only with cars. All the figure skaing I've ever seen was gay too.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:
If you could, and you had the money, what would you put into a SN95 to make it into a drift car? 5.0? 4.6? IRS or solid axle? Coilovers or strut and spring? gutted interior or full interior?

Post up!

kenne bell

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
i would supercharge the 4.6, some kind of posi, and a good set of coilovers.. then it's up to the driver where it goes.. but then again... i would never drift a mustang.. auto-x would be fun.. but definitely not drifting

ryclef331

Reaction score
Mild twin turbo setup for quick spool and good low end. 4.10s and a tq arm suspension out back. You don't want to run a blower on a drift car. I would see an over the counter blower setup spitting belts off left and right from the constant rpm changes.

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Mild twin turbo setup for quick spool and good low end. 4.10s and a tq arm suspension out back. You don't want to run a blower on a drift car. I would see an over the counter blower setup spitting belts off left and right from the constant rpm changes.

ahh i didnt even think about that.. i have seen a lot of supercharged drift cars though.. but drifting isnt my thing.. so i dont know all the pros and cons of different set ups..

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
In hawaii, drifting is big, because we have such close ties with Japan. But not once have i seen a mustang drift. Ive seen an LT1 camaro do it, but never a mustang.

drifts14x

Reaction score
Solid axle would be a disadvantage, you'd probably want a cobra motor, blueprinted with some killer valvesprings, bull-nosed, knife-edged crank, the key is just to have tons of rev, because you need to stay mostly in one gear. I used to drift my 240SX, trust me, a Mustang is a little fat to be running that way, but if you insist that this is a fantasy setup, you'd have to put every piece from the steeda catalog in the rear end and tubular K-member, etc, shave 5-600lbs and get a great driver, I know they drive the 05 stang as a drifter, but it still is just to promote Americans getting into the sport, JDM cars are lighter and can do more with a lot less, leave drifting to them.

cheddar

Reaction score
man a 4.6 with a KB blower with a solid axel rear end and one hell of a driver

driftingmustang

Reaction score
i got my mustang in order to drift, slowly restoring and building up. if i had all the money i needed now, i would get IRS with new k member in front, correct the reverse ackerson principle in the front (to make positive ackerson), get a cobra block and turbo it, coilovers, roll cage, replace all available body parts with carbon fiber (and paint over it cause im not into the carbon fiber look), get 18 inch bullit tires, and put a 6 speed transmission, lower the gears in the rear a bit, (maybe), upgrade the brakes, tighten my ebrake, and keep the car at stock appearance on the outside and (except for the 4 point roll cage) stock in apearance. but the hieght would be what my stang currently is (realy low)

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
drifts14x said:
Solid axle would be a disadvantage, you'd probably want a cobra motor, blueprinted with some killer valvesprings, bull-nosed, knife-edged crank, the key is just to have tons of rev, because you need to stay mostly in one gear. I used to drift my 240SX, trust me, a Mustang is a little fat to be running that way, but if you insist that this is a fantasy setup, you'd have to put every piece from the steeda catalog in the rear end and tubular K-member, etc, shave 5-600lbs and get a great driver, I know they drive the 05 stang as a drifter, but it still is just to promote Americans getting into the sport, JDM cars are lighter and can do more with a lot less, leave drifting to them.

Seems to me like you dont know a thing about drifting...

...In drifting, a Solid Rear end is an ADVANTAGE....IRS is the DISADVANTAGE.....Solid rear Makes drifting a whole lot easier than IRS. Look at the car that started the drift craze...the AE86 "Hatchi-Roku" was solid rear...and thats why maybe people choose a AE86...because it is soild rear.

..In drifting you dont stay in 1 gear....You use many gears and many types of techniques to initiate the drift. Feint, Power over, Braking, Side, Shift lock...these are all elements you to creat a drift.

....Seems To Me Like You Need To Watch The Drift Bible Son

...and Steeda Parts Suck Donkey Balls....Maximum Motorsports or NOTHING!!!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it that every one of these threads turns into a pissing match of some sort...

Nothing wrong with Steeda Suspension Parts!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online