Shift Kit

smitdavi

Reaction score
Did some cursory searching and didn't see anything. I just got the car back after putting 3.73's and I'm contemplating a shift kit. Yes/No/thoughts?

1995 GT/ Auto

Mustanger

Reaction score
What do you mean by a shift kit? Auto or Manual? (I'm older & dense now need more info...) To me it sounds like you have an auto that uses a tuner to adjust the shift points etc?? I am going to get a a new SCT tuner for mine.

PinkieT

Reaction score
If you are talking a shift kit that modifies the automatic trans valve body to make firmer, faster shifts, I say give it a shot. Put one on my Mopar trans after I rebuilt the 383 and upped the HP, liked what it did.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
If you are talking a shift kit that modifies the automatic trans valve body to make firmer, faster shifts, I say give it a shot. Put one on my Mopar trans after I rebuilt the 383 and upped the HP, liked what it did.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Sorry it wasn't clear.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Look up the j-mod for our transmissions. Its pretty much a free shift kit. Also, a tuner that can increase the line pressure a little will make it shift quicker. What year is your car?

Addermk2

Reaction score
I love how nobody ever posts what year their car is. Like we're supposed to be ****ing psychic and figure that shit out.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
I love how nobody ever posts what year their car is. Like we're supposed to be ****ing psychic and figure that shit out.

Honest mistake man, my bad.

Was really just looking for feedback on the idea of a shift kit in general, didn't have to be transmission specific.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Shift kits in general are nice if you like firm shifts. Some kits are a real hack and can cause more harm than good, while others do exactly what they intend to. The whole goal is to make the shift faster and more firm. Like I said though, check out the J-mod. I know its for the 4r70's but Im pretty sure its for the AODE also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online