Shorty Equal length headers

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Will they bolt up to my stock h-pipe? What brand do you recommend? And does it make any difference in the tone or db of the exhaust?

ryclef331

Reaction score
Yeah they'll bolt up. You won't notice MUCH of a tone change being that you want to retain your stock h-pipe...I'd suggest a catted mid pipe of some sort with 2 1/2" piping....you'll be choking the car and not taking full advantage of the headers.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
If you are mostly stock, I would not recommend putting them on because they are a PITA to get on there. It took me 5 1/2 hours to put mine on after I got the h-pipe unbolted. If you plan on doing heads at some point, I would wait until then because they would be SOOOOOOOOOO much easier to install.

Anrev

Reaction score
Especially if the exhaust has never been off. I had to sawsall my h-pipe in to chunks to get the stock header to come down enough to cut the bolts off at the header flange. My shit was rusted SOLID. Im going back on with stock shorties, Jegs O-R X-pipe and FM cat-back. When I need to get emissions done in 2 years Ill switch to full length headers and cated X-pipe.

Brian95GT

Reaction score
Steve-Oh said:
Long Tubes FTW!!!

Same here. I had MAC equal length shorties, and thank God I changed out to long tubes. I installed the LTs with the new motor so it was a breeze, but the install for the shories was like 6 hrs like stated before. Just spark plug changes are one of the perks. Even then, you could just go with unequal shorties and get an off road mid-pipe.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Shorty headers and shorty equal lengths are BOTH the same "overall " length.. I.e. they start at the head and terminate at the h-pipe. The DIFFERENCE between the two is an unequal lenth shorty's primaries tubes are all different lengths and just straight shots to the collector. Equal lengths, wrap and bend allover to make EACH primary tube the SAME length to the collector. The visual difference is obvious. Unequals look like stock but with bigger tubes. Equals look like a bundle of damn snakes.

Urban Legend

Reaction score
I put on BBK unequal length, and they went on great, except the gaskets they sent were junk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online