96-98 prochamber vs 94/95

5ohry

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Brand new to the forum and to sn95. I have a 94 5.0 with bbk equal length headers. I’ve been looking for a prochamber mid pipe, a buddy offered me a free one from a 96-98. Any idea if it will line up or am I better off modifying it for long tubes?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
It should
Your looking to get mid pipe with the muffler like a flow masters or whatever yo want
There pretty much the same bolt ins

OP
OP

5ohry

Reaction score
So you’re sure a 96-98 prochamber mid pipe will work? only trying to do a mid pipe swap since everything else is on the car isn’t stock.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
if the exhaust has been changed on the car not sure
but mid pipe after cats should be a bolt on flange
if you have a picture of it just to make sure well see

OP
OP

5ohry

Reaction score
appreciate the advice!! I will be installing it sometime next week, I will provide some pictures if it doesn’t fit. Worst case I’ll just mod it for longtubes, prochambers are the best sounding mid pipe for an any type of 8.2 deck ohv!! IMG_8686.png

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I don't have any direct experience with 94-95 and 96-98 ProChamber mid-pipe exchangeability, but when a product has different part numbers it must be for a reason. Good luck with your installation.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

Last edited:
OP
OP

5ohry

Reaction score
I don't have any direct experience with 94-95 and 96-98 ProChamber mid-pipes exchangeability but when a product has different part numbers it must be for a reason. Good luck with your installation.

Thanks
Michael Plummer
Those should work
you have the cats to go on them
Or straight up like that
straight up like that, I will definitely post some updates as I learn more when installing

lutter94

Reaction score
I have a 94 5.0 longtubes with a prochamber. I'd have to assume they are different fitments.

for others awareness, the midpipe is the center pipe that sometimes includes the cats other times they are deleted like mine.....catback is after that.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
appreciate the advice!! I will be installing it sometime next week, I will provide some pictures if it doesn’t fit. Worst case I’ll just mod it for longtubes, prochambers are the best sounding mid pipe for an any type of 8.2 deck ohv!! View attachment 25486
Exhaust pictured will not simply bolt on to a 302 windsor. This unit will bolt up between a 96-up 2v and 4v 4.6l.

I will agree tho, prochambers rock it out. Modify it up to fit. A little cut and weld will do it!

OP
OP

5ohry

Reaction score
Exhaust pictured will not simply bolt on to a 302 windsor. This unit will bolt up between a 96-up 2v and 4v 4.6l.

I will agree tho, prochambers rock it out. Modify it up to fit. A little cut and weld will do it!
exhaust hangers aren’t the same at all.. ended up going a different route for the time being!!! I will give an update if I decide to cut up for long tubes or mod for shorties

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
won’t work . 94/95 are ball and socket flange where they meat your shorty headers . 96/98 have a flat flange on the passenger side that takes a gasket .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online