Should I shave/smooth?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can't help thinking about all the options now that I have started, I think I have a new sickness... So my latest thoughts, should I smooth in the rear brake cooling vents? I thought I saw it on a different car and didn't like it but can't remember which nor why. Also, what about the gas-door? I am going to be doing a custom trunk anyway so I don't think it would be that hard to work the door into it possibly even behind a trap door to hide it. Opinions?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
there's so many ways I could go with this "Should I shave/smooth?" but I'll take the high road...... This time. :)
The smoothed brake scoops look pretty good when done right but the 94-95's and some 96's actually go through into the w/w. Maybe leave the scoop but fill/smooth the bezel itself. Maybe cobraracer can hook you up with some brake cooling ducts for the rear.:rolleyes:

Fuel door- shaving it would look great but where to put it? On some of the old cars the cap was hidden behind the license plate (can't do that on ours)
Maybe in the trunk?
How about hinging the r/h tail light and putting it in there?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought about the tail light myself tonight actually. Saw it on the power block last week or the week before where they did it to a truck. As I said I will be doing a full custom trunk and could probably find a way to hide it in there.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just wonder about putting the gas cap in the trunk. I think of the possibility of something very bad happening.
Behind the tail light would be cooler I think.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Only bad part I would see happening is getting gas inside my trunk if I am not careful filling it otherwise the tank is sealed.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A hinged tail light would definitely be a cool way to hide a gas filler.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A guy on my truck forum did that to his Tahoe. Much simpler with my style truck rather than the mustang though.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hiding the gas cap would be cool, but would it be safe? like all the venting and what not.

as for the scoops, id leave them alone.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like I said on the powerblock they just recently showed how to put it behind a pick up trucks tail light but it was an old 70s model. As for venting well to my knowledge the gas tank is sealed. I know it was on my 97 ranger because when a seal went out on it after 8 yrs I had a check engine light come on because of it and had a hell of a time getting it to pass emissions because of it... Behind the tail light could be a concern but in the trunk other then spilling gas from over filling I don't see a problem.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode...y-c-10-brake-upgrades-bodywork-painting-doors

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They make it look easy and I am sure it takes a little more then what they showed there but that would officially be baller if I could pull that off. If not I think I will just make a hidden panel in the trunk to keep it simple.

I have been thinking about shaving my door handles for some time but after this wreck and crawling out the window I want to keep access to them. I have been considering though what it would be like if I could instead of shaving the handles just make them so that they do not bubble out from the body. Instead I think if I had them keep the same contour as the door and leaving a small access at the bottom I think it would make them look a little cooler. Anyone have an opinion or idea how to do it? Its a plastic handle so I could always shape something out of abs or even just make a fiberglass piece by taping off the door and laying the glass right on it to try.... Some of that panel bonding adhesive and maybe a screw er two if I could fit them should hold up.... Damn life was easy when I just waxed it....

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Scott, you have the craziest most out there ideas my friend, but I know whatever you do is going to look cool

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a few weeks ago while pondering the spoiler/3rd tail light smoothing I had a realization. What is the worst that could happen? Am I going to **** it up so bad that I have to total the car out, again? It was an interesting realization when it came to me that if I am going to do the body work and paint it myself, what are my limits? ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING........... If its a question of money I will wait and save to get what I want, so then its only a matter of time that will decide and time I got. Since then I can't help but look at something and wonder what it might look like to shave it or how I could make it look cooler. Its kinda cool and kinda scary/sucky at the same time.

One day humanity/mankind will bow down and give thanks for the momstang

Chevy/mopar/import guys will look at it and think "Damn I should have got THAT ford?!"

Chuck Norris and the most interesting guy in the world from the dos XX commercials will show up and ask me to take them for a ride. The most interesting dude will have to wait as there is only 1 passenger seat and we all know chuck will kick his ass in a fight.

Cobraracer will look at it and realize that all the time/money spent on his brakes but it was MY car that aligned the planets like the band wild stallions was supposed to in the movie Bill and Teds Excellent adventure.

Paul will look at this car and think "Damn I need to chill out".

Did I mention that I didn't sleep at all last night? I think the insomnia is starting to take its toll....

castine917

Reaction score
Door handle smoothed down to body line and a pocket like you said but, electric popper in it like newer corvettes?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure you mean a passive transponder that locks/unlocks the doors for you automatically? They make them.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've been thinking of being lazy and buying the fender apron panels pre made for my engine bay it way less cost effective but will cut the time and fab work right down

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online