OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
horrible idea :)
16293941_large.jpg

Can't wait to get it back from the core support replacement so I can yank the motor and start on that next! more welding!!!

castine917

Reaction score
I am sure you mean a passive transponder that locks/unlocks the doors for you automatically? They make them.
That too. Been years since I opened a door on a vette. Want to say it was an 08. When you put your hand in the handle you don't actually move the handle. It had either a sensor that released latch or buttons.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Only bad part I would see happening is getting gas inside my trunk if I am not careful filling it otherwise the tank is sealed.

I still like behind the tail light better

A hinged tail light would definitely be a cool way to hide a gas filler.

A guy on my truck forum did that to his Tahoe. Much simpler with my style truck rather than the mustang though.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

Hiding the gas cap would be cool, but would it be safe? like all the venting and what not.

as for the scoops, id leave them alone.

i wanna see

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea that look killer but I think with the ends that we have on either end of the lights it would be hard. Probably going to go with he trunk.

Now the door handles have had me thinkin a bit. What if I shaved the handle/hole and moved them down so that they are in the concave area that leads into the brake vent and then did a flush-mount handle? When its aired out and looking down it would look shaved and if I could flush them nicely in that area I think it would smooth it out but keep the functionality. What do you think?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
saw a new-edge with a hinged tail lights.... couldnt find it again.... last i saw it was in 05/06 when I had my V6.... back in the "Myspace Groups" days.... lol.

seen it once... havent seen it on a mustang again.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Those are cool but I really just wan something where the handle will be nearly perfectly flush with the door panel outside.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Seriously is there a reason we need to remove our back bumper short of repair/replacing it? Thinking about smoothing it into the fenders.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't think of any reason. smooth away
good luck preventing it from cracking, urathane bumper and steel fender will expand and contract at different rates. You should be good for about 2-3 years before you start seeing signs

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea with everything that I am smoothing I would expect to have some spots pop up after some time. Another reason I have been wanting to take on my own paint...

CWO

Reaction score
Yea with everything that I am smoothing I would expect to have some spots pop up after some time. Another reason I have been wanting to take on my own paint...

Terrible idea. That area is much too wide, thin, and flexible to hold up very long. This is in addition to the other reasons that make this a poor choice that have already been addressed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online