Skinny Kid Manual Brake Kit SN95 ?

colormebad

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the aluminum plate that bolts to the firewall for a sn95 from skinny kid...All the pics on their instructions and on their site shows a different plate , than the way mine is made..All the ones i see are square all 4 sides, mine has a v-shape to the side facing the drivers fender..My master Cyl rod is off center & i think i have a wrong or defective aluminum block...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
keep us posted! not many of our members are aware there's a manual brake option for our cars... :)

we'd love to see how it turns out

OP
OP
C

colormebad

Reaction score
keep us posted! not many of our members are aware there's a manual brake option for our cars... :)

we'd love to see how it turns out

I got them to send me a pic of the plate for my car' Turns out the plate they sent me wayy back' Is for a sn95 , but for a bigblock...Sits the block & master cyl over 1/2 toward fender...Proved a point after months...I just sent it all back and bought one from jegs..

http://www.jegs.com/i/Aerospace-Components/026/AC-MBC9401/10002/-1?parentProductId=751104

Burninrock24

Reaction score
MM&FF just did an article the other week on switching to manual brakes. I've been curious ever since. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
id love to see ya hook up a hydro clutch system, too.

LOL. switch the brakes to manual but switch the clutch to hydro... lol.lol.lol.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Using Datsun stuff is a easy way to do a hydraulic clutch on the old t5's

93blucoupe

Reaction score
Let us know how the pedal feel is after the conversion. I've thought about going manual brakes but heard that it takes a lot more pressure to brake.

RichV

Reaction score
Just curious, why even go manual brake?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Very few people on here are interested if it isnt colormatched, saleen wing/wheels or available on american muscle.

Skinny Kid makes some bad ass stuff. I do like their products and have worked on a few cars with their stuff. But most of the Manual swaps I have seen or worked on have been from strange.

Good luck and let me know how this turned out...

I know with the strange kit a few people were having issues with proportioning valves

TURBOSNOOP

Reaction score
i have a skinny kid brake kit and its just like the one in your pictures.its been on the car for 8 years with no problems. i will post a picture later.

95opal

Reaction score
Very few people on here are interested if it isnt colormatched, saleen wing/wheels or available on american muscle.

Skinny Kid makes some bad ass stuff. I do like their products and have worked on a few cars with their stuff. But most of the Manual swaps I have seen or worked on have been from strange.

Good luck and let me know how this turned out...

I know with the strange kit a few people were having issues with proportioning valves

I has saleen wing and manual brakes

cobraracer46

Reaction score

I'm not a fan of Saleen parts nor do I shop on American muscle. I'm guessing that the reason why 98% of us don't do a manual brake conversion is because we don't have a dedicated drag race car and this kit is designed for drag race only cars. Manual brakes on a heavy street driven or road race SN95 would give your leg a nice work out.

95opal

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Saleen parts nor do I shop on American muscle. I'm guessing that the reason why 98% of us don't do a manual brake conversion is because we don't have a dedicated drag race car and this kit is designed for drag race only cars. Manual brakes on a heavy street driven or road race SN95 would give your leg a nice work out.

Although im not familiar with the skinny kid kit i will have to disagree with you on a manual swap. If set up correctly with the proper master cylinder and adjustable pedal like the one MM offers pedal effort should be of no concern.

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Although im not familiar with the skinny kid kit i will have to disagree with you on a manual swap. If set up correctly with the proper master cylinder and adjustable pedal like the one MM offers pedal effort should be of no concern.

For sure, if I had a 94-05 mustang and I wanted to convert over to manual brakes for some reason, I would go with the MM kit. I have no desire to do a manual brake conversion on my 2001 Cobra since On 96-04 cars, a manual brake conversion would also do away with the power steering so in addition to getting a lower leg work out, your arms shoulders and back would get worked as well.

I'm not knocking a manual brake conversion as it can beneficial in certain mustangs, but for most of us, especially those of us with 96-04 cars that have hydro boost power brakes that also provide power assist steering, a manual brake conversion makes no sense.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score

As Opal said, do you homework get the right master cylinder, correct pivot point on he pedal and prop valve and there is no concern about use...some how millions of people used manual brakes 50 years ago and somehow they still lived ....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online