slp loudmouth too loud?

stackedstangs

Reaction score
Are slp loudmouth resonators or slp loudmouth ll resonators too loud for daily driving? If so whats a good way to go? I need a new exhaust setup before may and just trying to get some ideas. I like the throaty sound but I don't need it to be overbearing.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
in all reality it depends on what your definition of "too loud for daily driving" is......i daily my car in the summer with headers..no cats..x..and 44s and im fine with it but its too loud inside the car for me to even record video on my phone

what car is this for and what exhaust setup is on it?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What mid-pipe are you running?

And honestly, anyone who thinks SLP's are "too loud" for daily driving are just pussies.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
More people than not complain that they're too loud. If your driving just during the day who cares how loud it is. But try to leave at night or really early in the morning? Shit my Borla's are far from loud and my neighbors told my dad that they heard him leaving to go to work every morning when I had his truck last summer. Apparently the car shook there bed. LOL I dunno. But it depends on when you drive it more than how often you drive it, that's just how I feel about it

OP
OP
stackedstangs

stackedstangs

Reaction score
They will be going on my 98 gt. It will be paired with a catted x-pipe. I own a 93 that has an o/r x-pype and flow 44s and thats a little loud for my daily. I do alot of highway driving and the exhaust I have now is very mild (accept at 2k rpms, then its just an annoying hum). I like to be able to hear the person next to me without yelling at one another if that helps

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea you'll get stuck with shit neighbors here and there my Neighbour good buddy of mine has a Lt1 96 z28 matte black on matte black 20's nice and loud too so th nieghbours don't say anything . Not to mention one of the old guys has a sweet 37 Chevy with a sbc.

To answer ur question yes there loud. Looks like you've been around stangs a long time you'll be able to handle the noise

OP
OP
stackedstangs

stackedstangs

Reaction score
I can handle it and my neighbors already hate me so the more I piss them off the better. I just don't want overbearing. I agree, with cats it shouldn't be that bad.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i shake the windows in the garage when my car is idling in the driveway.....it doesnt matter what time i come home everyone still hears me..sometimes i kinda feel bad when i come home buzzed at like 3am

EDIT: garage windows*

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
i shake the windows in the garage when my car is idling in the driveway.....it doesnt matter what time i come home everyone still hears me..sometimes i kinda feel bad when i come home buzzed at like 3am

Dude me too I let mine sit in the driveway idling and it shakes the front door, inside you can hear the front windows shaking, fukkin glass cabinet full of crap shaking lol.. It's nasty. Which is why I can't leave in it late at night lol

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my truck is almost as loud as the mustang :(

back on subject: OP here's a catted X with SLP's

[video=youtube;UQ505z4TRhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ505z4TRhs[/video]

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

EDIT: garage windows*

I used to shut my car off and roll down the hill into my old drive way . Now my driveways a incline so too ****in bad Kyles home :)

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I can't stand SLPs for more than a few minutes personally. But it's all about what you like.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I don't like Flowmaster... Where's the flame patrol?

Like Tall said it's what you like man. If that sounds good to you by all means do it brotha

OP
OP
stackedstangs

stackedstangs

Reaction score
yeah i was just trying to get a second opinion and to know if they would be too loud for daily driving. They don't seem that bad for a daily so i might try it.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
I daily drive my car with Borla stingers, longtubes, and an o/r x pipe. It is loud, but depends on how you drive. Starting it up sucks cause it revs to 2k on start up, so I try to use the clutch to quiet it down in the morning and just idle down my street if leaving/coming home late. I put it this way, I have many neighbours with Harley's a lot louder than my Mustang, so no one has the right the ***** :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online