SN95 - 1967 Fastback Eleanor Pro-touring

OP
OP
watteee

watteee

Reaction score
Hello guys! Been slow progress now, haven't been so motivated to work on the car lately. But I did wash her up couple of days ago, and I also took some new pictures. The exterior work that is left is the window moldings, the rear emblem and I also need to lower the car about 1 inch in the front.

then I have some minor interior work left. All the parts are painted, so it's only assembly left. I also think that I need to redo the exhaust. I got a pretty annoying drone at 1500rpm.

And then hen it's just the tune left. Been having a little trouble with getting her to idle. But hopefully we will sort that out.

anyway, here's the pictures that I've promised you guys :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that you have to put up with that frankenstiened mess of a car. I mean what is it a sn? No its elenor. It must be rough....

looking good my friend.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah! She looks great. Props on getting her to this point.
Any odds left to play with?

OP
OP
watteee

watteee

Reaction score
Yeah! She looks great. Props on getting her to this point.
Any odds left to play with?

Thanks! The only big thing left at the moment is to get her to run right. Other than that it's just some minor interior and exterior trim left. I probably have to redo my rear suspension next winter, since the wheels wants to touch the fenders if I got 3 people in and drive over a bump. Or I just remove the rear seat :)

OP
OP
watteee

watteee

Reaction score
so if you had to do it over again, would you? what would you do differently?

I think ink that I would do it again. I'm actually planning another build at the moment (not a mustang tho). But I think that If I would do this build over, I might have saved more from the original fastback. Maybe just change the drivetrain and go with aftermarket suspension. Counting nickels and penny's I think that it would be about the same cost, depending a little on what you would chose for parts. But overall I've really enjoyed building this, and I feel pretty satisfied with the result.

At the moment I'm waiting for the car to come back home (getting it tuned and doing a dyno run). After that it's just the last cleanup and the exterior chrome left. So I'm really excited to get it back home, so I can put some mileage to it!

Rallim

Reaction score
This is one of the coolest things I've seen in so long. Major props man, especially that interior.

alex302

Reaction score
wow i would drive the $hit out of that!!!! awesome job

OP
OP
watteee

watteee

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! As soon as I get it ready I will take a video too for you guys :)

OP
OP
watteee

watteee

Reaction score
Thanks!

Some progress, the car is running better now. Had some issues with the car stalling when engaging gear, but now we got it figured out. Takes some time to do all the tuning, since both me and the guy tuning it are green on the sn95. But we're making progress!

OP
OP
watteee

watteee

Reaction score
Hello guys!

Been driving the car for almost 400 miles in total this summer, but now she wont go any further. Spun 2 rod bearings, so now she's back in the shop.
Can't figure out why it happened tho, so that kinda sucks. All new bearings, and everything measured good. Took new measurements when we tore the engine down, and they are all good (Except for the 2 that spun). But it looks like she has been a little dry in the oiling system, but oil pressure checked out OK when driving.

Will have to do some more digging and pressure testing of the oiling system. Anyhow, the block is at a local shop at the moment. Building a 347" this time, since the crank was pretty beat up. New MAF and injectors are on their way as well.

I also need to rebuild my exhaust system. She sounds great, but its too loud. So i will need to put a pair of muffler on her. Im also going to rebuild the interior a little. I painted a pair of deluxe interior door sides, but the summer heat melted the paint away. So im going to redo the doors, and i also have to get a new floor carpet. And then there's some minor tweaks and fixes to do as well.

Is anyone here running the Maximum motorsports rear control arms? The one's where you can adjust the height? Im running a bit low in the rear end (with stock springs). So im looking at getting some stiffer springs, but i also need to get her up a little in the back. Im also considering coil overs up front, any thoughts on that subject?

I will upload some new pictures this week, and show you the disaster!

OP
OP
watteee

watteee

Reaction score
Pictures on the disaster! Was down at the engine building shop today, and the block checked out good. So now it's go time. 347" kit is ordered, so we are waiting for that before we can start the machine work. I got my new MAF today (PMAS hpx-e) and my Siemens deka 80lbs are on their way!

Some shots on the disaster!
The first thing I found was this:

It looked like a gold mine in there, so I decided to cut the filter:

Rod, rod bearing and crank:

So now it's just a long wait before we're at go again.

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Beautiful car, sucks about the motor but the upgrades will be nice! How come this build isn't over at pro-touring.com or is it......?

1bad95

Reaction score
Man that sucks about the motor! The new 347 will be a lot of fun tho! Definitely can't go wrong with maximum motorsports adjustable height lower control arms. Put a set on mine and love them. Top notch quality product for sure!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArcAngel

Members online

No members online now.