so ive races two cobalt ss with the same outcome...

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Well a while ago I came upon a yellow cobalt ss (pretty sure this one was a turbo with mild boltons) and I know they've been pretty infamous for being pretty quick especially when modded so I decided to give it a go. We did a 1-4th pull and I pulled half a car length on the start (he had the hit) and we ran pretty much that way all the way up to about 100-110 somewhere in there he never pulled any on me, I didn't pull on him.

Well yesterday I ran into another black cobalt ss (this one was for sure a SC) and it sounded slightly modded, exhaust, intake, maybe a pulley and a tune, mild boltons. (I'm not sure but his supercharger was screaming pretty loud. Haha) but any ways we do a run and its from about the middle of 2nd all the way to the middle of 5th (I got the hit this time with a passenger) and we ran mirror to mirror the WHOLE time. Not even the slightest bit of pull on either end all the way up to about 130-135.

So I guess where I'm trying to go with this is has anyone here raced one and what was your outcome?

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Was it modded at all? I didn't talk to any of the guys I raced but I feel like I should be pulling them slightly.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Never raced one im kinda curious with the outcome with my PI swap, I'll probably lose

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Those MF'rs are pretty quick. They surprise me everytime. Haha

Just noticed my auto correct put races instead of raced in the heading... fail.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Those MF'rs are pretty quick. They surprise me everytime. Haha

Just noticed my auto correct put races instead of raced in the heading... fail.

Considering they are fwd there is very little loss of power to the wheels unlike the mustang where it's rwd it suffers more of a loss when it comes to power to the wheels.
So I'd lose lol

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Considering they are fwd there is very little loss of power to the wheels unlike the mustang where it's rwd it suffers more of a loss when it comes to power to the wheels.
So I'd lose lol

There's a ton of videos out there with newedges getting pulled on by them. Haha

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My GT flys under the radar since it's silver. Hell nobody even notices it I swear, so no I haven't lol. All I've raced are Mustangs and an RX7 (Old old style).

But I sure will give it a shot if I come up against one. Tho I'd really hate to get beat by some little punk in his 4cyl...

sn95jones

Reaction score
A stock SC cobalt ss only puts out 206HP so that's an easy kill but the tc ss is 260 so that's a tough one

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Never raced one, but I know they're definitely faster than they look. There's one around here and the SC is wicked loud, I was in my buddies truck and he was messing with it and then suddenly it just went.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea the sc and turbo ones run 13's out the box the turbo ones are a bit quicker I've seen some guys go like 13.50 pretty damn impressive for a stock little 4banger .

RichV

Reaction score

First time I've heard of this. FWD drive cars loose less to drivetrain???

sn95jones

Reaction score
That's what I've always been told. Unless im wrong, which I could be but again I've heard this from many many people

Nacho98

Reaction score
who wants to waste time pacifying those little ricey pieces of shit...its a sad day when the american v8 muscle car goes looking for races with 4 cyl fwd junk

have more respect for yourselves guys...quick or not they aint even worth your time, completely different class of vehicle, shouldn't even be entertained

EDIT: not to mention you're just making the muscle car look bad because anyone driving those is a ricer and will go to their "bros" and tell their boyfriends about how their plastic shitbox smokes V8s. come on mang...

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
all i race around here are hondas and 4 cyl foxes and some 4 cyl firebirds (cause i know i'll win :D ). one of these times i'm gonna find a sleeper and regret it :(

sn95jones

Reaction score
all i race around here are hondas and 4 cyl foxes and some 4 cyl firebirds (cause i know i'll win :D ). one of these times i'm gonna find a sleeper and regret it :(

Come to the dark side belb, do a PI swap ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online