Sound System Guru's come in.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok since i got the truck and im not going for speed, more or less show i want to know as much as i can about sound systems. I know the gist of it, but i want to know if there is any tips/tricks and usuefull info on this.

What has got me is OHMS. Im not sure i follow what that is etc.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ohms is the impedence the speaker works on...
home stereo usually = 8 ohms
car audio usually = 4 ohms but some speaker combo may be different ohms so that they will = 4...
also some subs are 2/1 ohms so the amp can make more power.

ask more specific questions and i can give you better answers. what products are you looking at? What are your goals? SOUND QUALITY OR BASS?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
FO 15's didnt see no wires, then I heard BOOM from da amplifiers

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

I noticed your gangster...Im pretty gangster myself

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
:lol: :lol:

I noticed your gangster...Im pretty gangster myself

im dope boy fresh remember....inside peanut butter outside green jelly. :rollinglaugh:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
what are you plans paul? like what drop top said (i can't remember your name drop top.. :-\) do you want bass or sound quality?

do you know how your going to wire your subs? (parallel, series, etc..)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ok yall are speaking japaneese. I dont want overwelming bass. i cant stand that shit when kids pull up next to me blaring their "This why im hot, im hot cause you aint" bullshit. I just want some nice bass. I have a 10in RF Punch that will be powered by a phoneix gold 300-600watt amp. eventually i will put in some components, and upgrade the 6x9's in the doors and behind me. But for now just a sub, i just want it to be crisp and clear so when slash rips a guitar solo on sweet child o mine i can here his fingers sliding down the neck of the guitar

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just get a small sealed enclosure for your sub and you will be happy. Your plan is good, just replace the speakers as you can afford them.

I run a single 12" JLw6 in a small sealed box powered by a JL amp...for the highs and mids i use Boston Acoustic pro 6.5 components front and rear also powered by a JL amp and that is more then enough for me...i;m not much for rap myself.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I put a cadence comp set and amp in already and plan on getting a single ed 10" sub and amp and call it good. For door speakers you should look into either 6 or 6 1/2's instead of 6x9's. ED subs have a good rep, good price and dont need a huge box so that is why i am going with them.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
crisp sound is better than all out bass.. sounds like crap when someone is just blaring there music with 500x more bass..

when you get speakers, get boston acoustics or infinities.. my dad has always bought boston acoustics.. but my the last speakers i had where inifinity references and they were kickass.. my dad said the clarity on them were just as good as any boston acoustics he's ever bought... soo, either of the two are good.

it seems to me that more of the old timers like boston acoustics. not hatin on any of you old guys, just saying cause alot of the older guys i know like the sound produced from the BA's..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online