speaker covers/grilles? 1995

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Where to find the rear lower speaker covers? It's a 1995 convertible. Also need a set for a 1999 vert. Plastic tabs broke off. Did a quick Google search and found nothing so far. Has to be someone out there making them?

joemomma

Reaction score
Have you tried eBay? I've had good luck sourcing parts there. Any junkyards/pull-a-part close?

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Have you tried eBay? I've had good luck sourcing parts there. Any junkyards/pull-a-part close?
i just checked the typical aftermarket sites but assumed if we pulled them from 2 cars and broke them off both of them i'd prefer to get new rather than used...lol

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
ugh. looked most of the day and no luck. only found them used still attached to the 1/4 panel trim and that doesn't help. Would have to take the whole styling bar back out to swap them and even then you have to pop those covers off to get access to fish the brake light wire down through. Gonna have to try to figure out a way to get these ones to stay on unless someone has a better idea

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
can you glue some tabs back on the ones you have? Maybe a couple dabs of RTV to help hold it in place?

joemomma

Reaction score
Maybe one of those plastic welders would work?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
plastic is not hard to glue to for the most part. A plastic welder would be great or just get some plasticweld epoxy from autozone. I actually have some drying at the moment as I have been using it to convert the standard door pull cups with the window/lock holes in it to GTS versions with no holes.

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
used the dremel to grind down the broken studs and bought some 2 part plastic epoxy but want to get some dual lock tomorrow morning to try to get some on the edges to help hold them on. Think I'll be ok with that. If not I could probably pull the material off and drill a small hole and run a couple of screws through into the metal speaker bracket then put the material back on

OP
OP
O

optionizerSS

Reaction score
I ended up using JB Weld plastic epoxy. Holding good. Just smoothed down the 'pins' that were broke and coated the tips with the epoxy and all is good now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online