speakers/subs

Discussion in 'Electrical & Stereo' started by theponyfactor, Jun 26, 2006.

1. theponyfactor

theponyfactor Active Member

Was reading around and I noticed that someone said if you replace the door speakers they will cut out at times....I put poineer speakers in the doors a long time ago before I had done any reading on the car. And they do cut out if I turn it up past a certain point, this happens because of the combo with the mach 460, even though they are said to fit my car?

also, ive been looking into subs/amp. Does anyone recommend a place wehre i can get custom fit boxes. I looked at crutchfield but they only 1, and it fit on the left side of the trunk. they didnt have a right one,and i want to do 2 10" subs.

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah I think it has to do with the mach460, to be honest if you buy or have a nice headunit it will sound better then powering off the mach460 amps.

3. joshs95

joshs95 Member

yea i agree with ^ him cuse i got a poineer that cost like 300 some dollors head unit im not sure what modle off the top of my head but any way, it has poineersspeakers in the doors and with two mtx subs in the trunk ,and it dosent cut out at all .

4. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

if you want a new head unit i strongly suggest looking at ebay. I have done some looking into various ones for my car and i am most likely going to go with a clarion off of ebay that is about 1/3 price anywhere else. I did a lot of looking and reading peoples opinions/experiences and alpine and clarions are supposed to be good players. And for some reason the clarions on ebay go extremely cheap. I plan on getting 4 infinity kappas to replace the stock speakers and a clarion hu. Pioneers are not bad either as they are all i have ever put in vehicles but i want to try out some others for shits n giggles. i dont honestly plan on putting and subs in the car... just more weight right? :laugh:

5. Matt94GT

yeah ebay is great for decks, I love alpine personally.

6. reldapimp

reldapimp New Member

I recommend component set over regular 6x7/6x9 speakers.

Its worth the extra money.

7. Foster98GT

Foster98GT Well-Known Member

I Have one 12in sub that sits in the spare tire well.

8. Spyder

Spyder Active Member

Hey Matt, what alpine do you have in there?
    I too am a huge fan of alpine, but ive been out of the loop for a couple years so im not up on the new hawtness :hammer:

9. Matt94GT

Man I forget the model# off my head 7995 mabye? Its go no built in amp but a lot more features designed for higher end speakers running off a seperate amp I really like it.

10. Tattoogod

Tattoogod Active Member

the old Alpine 7618 was da sheet back in 1991 :thumb:

11. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

you will love the switch to infinity's.. best speakers ive ever owned and the only ones ill probably buy for now on. i loveddd them! i need to put some in my car. i had them in my truck.

12. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

i put in 2 infinity kappa 5x7's in the door and they sound good. just got to get a new hu to make them sound even better and get some for the rear also.

13. Matt94GT

imho infinity was top stuff like 3-4 years ago, times have changed its still great but there are better out there.