speedo gear

white98gt

Reaction score
hey guys, what's up? gettin ready to have a 3.73 put in my car. i saw where blueovalindustries.com has a 23 tooth speedo gear they say you need to have when going to a 3.73 or 4.10. anyone ever done this? is it very difficult to do? appreciate any feed back.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
It will not be completly right with 4.10's but will be with 3.73's.
Just buy about 4-5 of them , from what Ive heard the 23 tooth gear gets chewed up pretty easy.

The DM speed-cal would be a better option....IMO

97blackgt

Reaction score
it about a 30 second install....2 bolts..

get the speedo gear

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
I just installed the speedcal!! I would go with speedcal rather than the gears.. Sometimes I see them on e-bay for around $50. I heard on quite a few boaards that the speedo gears wear out this way it's done and I don't have to worry about it. Good luck :)

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
I went with a Speed Cal also. O0. I tried the speedo gear, but it just got chewed up :nonono:.
Mike

S

scarface

I went speedcal, but I have a gear if you want it, never used.

boss281

Reaction score
ROB 98GT said:
I just installed the speedcal!! I would go with speedcal rather than the gears.. Sometimes I see them on e-bay for around $50. I heard on quite a few boaards that the speedo gears wear out this way it's done and I don't have to worry about it. Good luck :)

You have an auto tranny? The instructions for speed-cal are for the manual transmission, and I have no idea how to get the trim pieces off the auto shift plate without busting something.

john

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
boss281 said:
ROB 98GT said:

You have an auto tranny? The instructions for speed-cal are for the manual transmission, and I have no idea how to get the trim pieces off the auto shift plate without busting something.

john

Its just held by clips, just pull up on both sides and it will pop off.
I just followed the directions for the man. trans and it was all the same on my auto. Once you get enough courage to just dive in, it will all make sence to you.

OP
OP
W

white98gt

Reaction score
ROB 98GT said:
ok, i'll show my ignorance here....what's a speed cal?

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
white98gt said:
ROB 98GT said:
ok, i'll show my ignorance here....what's a speed cal?

http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/speedcal.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online