spring detail and photshoot

silversn

Reaction score
its that time again. time to get the car all cleaned up for the summer months ahead. spent 8 hrs last weekend and took it out today to a local park to enjoy the pretty weather. no professional shots here, just some snaps with a 8mp olympus dc.

for anyone interested, heres the process of the detail:

CG citrus wash & gloss ( 1oz/1 gal )
CG p40 polish w/ lc ccs white pad
CG glossworkz glaze w/ lc ccs blue pad
CG xxx hardcore paste wax ( 2 coats applied by hand )
CG innerclean for the dash and console
Jaxwax Super Blue & Stoners More Shine for trim and tires

( porter cable 7424xp used )

overall, i am very pleased with the outcome. the xxx wax gave the silver more depth than i was expecting. just purchased CG's body wash & wax along with their instawax ( or express carnuba ) to add to my collection. excited to try these out to help maintain the finish.

sorry, there's no process pictures :( . fail.

P3260005.jpg

P3260002.jpg

P3260003.jpg

P3260004.jpg

P3260006.jpg

P3260007.jpg

P3260009.jpg

P3260011.jpg

P3260012.jpg

P3260016.jpg

P3260014.jpg

JRad405

Reaction score
That looks awesome. I used Blacklight on my car but I felt like it didn't do the same. Maybe I'll give the hardcore paste a try.

OP
OP
S

silversn

Reaction score
i really appreciate all the compliments

jrad - i may very well be wrong but i was thinking that blacklight is actually more of a AIO. although i have heard it does give a nice finish, it really pops topped with the v7 spray. xxx wax is actually marketed for black & red cars but i am somewhat of a wax junkie, so i had to have some. to my surprise, it works great on silver too!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
i really appreciate all the compliments

jrad - i may very well be wrong but i was thinking that blacklight is actually more of a AIO. although i have heard it does give a nice finish, it really pops topped with the v7 spray. xxx wax is actually marketed for black & red cars but i am somewhat of a wax junkie, so i had to have some. to my surprise, it works great on silver too!

I was going to say it has to be used with the spray but you beat me to it.

crazy shit what that orange bottle of awesomeness does with the v7

edit, pics 4,6,9 are sex. reminds me of my last car being silver and clean all the time.

2v_takeover

Reaction score
Very clean and good looking! Can't wait to have some time to clean mine! I've got pete's 53 waiting to be used.

a306juGRnot

Reaction score
SO SIMPLE!!! one of the most simple yet cleanest looking new edges ive seen. what kind of suspension are you on? youre pretty low bro.

OP
OP
S

silversn

Reaction score
guys, thanks for all the comments

2v - i have wanted to try the pete's for a while. you will have to post up some pics.

a306 - h&r ss springs, no isolators up front, upr cc plates, gabriel shocks/struts

thanks again for all the compliments

stprorolla49

Reaction score
looks great! i am also an LSP junky, lol. you will love petes 53, hands down my favorite in my collection.

x2! I like it even better than the pot of E-Zyme I won from CG a few years back! I also LOVE AutoGlym HD...makes light colors pop, and dark colors shimmer.

Car is lookin' great man, I love the silver/silver wheel combo...super clean!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16