Stalling Issues

Discussion in '96-04 - 4V Specific' started by 9D6snake, Dec 19, 2017.

1. 9D6snake

9D6snake New Member

I just got my motor back together, 96 4V forged rods and pistons, V2 vortech, catted x pipe, catback. Car is running great made 440hp at the tire. Went to Big 3 Racing.

However one problem, the car doesn't want to hold an idle well, especially when motor is warm and been running a while. The tuner said that my hose going into the iac valve is pinching and cuting air causing the rough idle. That I need to order some hardware from vortech, new hoses, intake piping etc, that some air getting in could mess with the maf sensor. He said the iac valve is ok. Im sure that isn't it, hoses look fine to me.

After the car is warm and running for a while and I turn it off, when I try to turn it back on it starts up fine, but won't hold idle and stalls out. Any thoughts on what could be going on?

Thanks

2. SnakeBit!

SnakeBit! Active Member

start with the tune.

3. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

I agree.

Unless hoses are leaky or collapsing when hot (possible)

Your tuner should offer a retune for tracking your problem down. Sounds to me he paid no mind to the temp of the car when tuning. Cold tuning is by far easier to tune.....lots of fuel. A hot car restart after having lots of fuel wont start easy or run good.

4. ttocs

ttocs Post Whore

what throttle body are you using? I had issues with my idle no matter what I seemed to do when I was running a pro-products tb and have heard others have the same complaint.