Starter Removal Question

Rizkit32

Reaction score
Alright guys, my transmission swap is well under way, got everything off except the starter. I can't remove the midpipe because the top bolt on the manifold flange is rounded. Is there another way I can get it off from another angle, cause it looks like my midpipe will never come off unless I cut the damn thing off

cobraracer46

Reaction score
You need to go to the tool store and pick up a set of these sockets that are specially made to remove rounded bolts. I have these sockets and they work good.
DSC030771314300126.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
is your top bolt forward facing (head faces the front of the car) or rerward facing (head faces the back of the car)?

If its forward facing you could try and get at it with a series of long extensions from the front of the car, in between the motor-mount area....

full force

Reaction score
As far as the exhaust, torch it off, with as hard as it is to get to when not rounded, you wont have any luck getting it off otherwise, then replace stud in manifold...

as far as the starter, good luck they SUCK to do.... a long extension with a 13MM swivel socket can get on it, if you strip it you will be pullin g engine to get to it so be careful.... I just pull them out to tear them apart, its faster and less hassle....

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Just a tip, put it back in with just the bottom two bolts leave the top bolt out!

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
He sold me a car with a ****ed up block and knew it ahead of time. He tried to play it off like he didn't know. No need to reply here. This guy is long gone.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
He sold me a car with a ****ed up block and knew it ahead of time. He tried to play it off like he didn't know. No need to reply here. This guy is long gone.

That sounds pretty ducked up

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't too happy... but whatever. I found another teksid locally for a decent price, and life goes on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online