2016-02-29%2B16.38.29.jpg

2016-02-29%2B16.40.06.jpg

16%2B-%2B2

16%2B-%2B1

carbon fiber s281 spoiler from SCF in san diego

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
have you gone around to building your suspension? are you going to autocross for fun? or compete in a sanctioned body?

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
have you gone around to building your suspension? are you going to autocross for fun? or compete in a sanctioned body?

My next few mods to suspension will be the MM phb and torque arm. I'm going to cut the springs a bit too for a stiffer ride. I can't go as crazy as I want to because it's still a daily and I also don't want to spend too much on suspension parts because I plan to put in the SLA GR40 system from Griggs. I'm sure I will get more into competition as its natural, but currently I'm autocrossing for fun/practice/training. I'd love to race one day against my heroes in autocross like Mike Maier, Brian HoBaugh, and Brett Madsen with the BTM autosports roush. They've been inspiration to race especially Mike. I'm sure one day I'll road race the car too but not for a few years

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
My next few mods to suspension will be the MM phb and torque arm. I'm going to cut the springs a bit too for a stiffer ride. I can't go as crazy as I want to because it's still a daily and I also don't want to spend too much on suspension parts because I plan to put in the SLA GR40 system from Griggs. I'm sure I will get more into competition as its natural, but currently I'm autocrossing for fun/practice/training. I'd love to race one day against my heroes in autocross like Mike Maier, Brian HoBaugh, and Brett Madsen with the BTM autosports roush. They've been inspiration to race especially Mike. I'm sure one day I'll road race the car too but not for a few years
Ive met and talked to mike. Hes a really cool guy this guy can talk! If youre in a hurry to go somewhere dont talk to him lol. Youll be there for 30 min easy talking to him. The 3 link is a good setup. I have it on my car with full coilovers. And its a daily. So something to keep i mind is that Bret, Mike, Brian all race in SCCA. They have rules regarding which class you compete in. And you can bump yourself out of a lot of classes with stupid things. Unless you do CAM-C. Which will have restrictions on spoiler and splitter sizes. So when you build your car, you gotta ask yourself "do i wanna have fun, or do i wanna be competitive in my respective class". Just food for thought :)

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Ive met and talked to mike. Hes a really cool guy this guy can talk! If youre in a hurry to go somewhere dont talk to him lol. Youll be there for 30 min easy talking to him. The 3 link is a good setup. I have it on my car with full coilovers. And its a daily. So something to keep i mind is that Bret, Mike, Brian all race in SCCA. They have rules regarding which class you compete in. And you can bump yourself out of a lot of classes with stupid things. Unless you do CAM-C. Which will have restrictions on spoiler and splitter sizes. So when you build your car, you gotta ask yourself "do i wanna have fun, or do i wanna be competitive in my respective class". Just food for thought :)

I'm pretty sure once I get more into SCCA that I will be in the cam c. I remember talking to the teachers at my starting line school about what classes were what and how my car sits already it would be in the higher modified class where it would be torn a new one hahah

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure once I get more into SCCA that I will be in the cam c. I remember talking to the teachers at my starting line school about what classes were what and how my car sits already it would be in the higher modified class where it would be torn a new one hahah
Lol exactly. CAM-C is very broad in their rules. And lots of competitors. Just have fun. Sooner or later these sanctioning bodies will get old because they limit your build.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
well tomorrow i am dropping the tank to replace my fuel pump so hopefully then my car will be back up and running. here are some pics from my earlier destruction of my mare.

16%2B-%2B1

16%2B-%2B2

16%2B-%2B3

also i never posted pictures of my car on my build thread from my SCCA track day. so from now on im going to post all my "shhtuff" in here.

16%2B-%2B2

16%2B-%2B3

20160312_103731.jpg

20160312_165233.jpg

20160312_070935.jpg

and here are some photos i took after a bath as well as with my brother Andrew who i helped today work on his Elevate Volvo S80

16%2B-%2B1

16%2B-%2B3

20160411_202342.jpg

20160411_174145.jpg

20160411_174048.jpg

20160411_173528.jpg

image_zpsobxxygwv.jpeg

image_zpsi9jcujmq.jpeg

image_zpssz7iorpk.jpeg

9838stang

Reaction score
Not sure if you know this or not, but if you were trying to gain access to the CCRM only, you could just take your front wheel off, and pull the inner fender....

Dont have to do that full destruction.

Pics look crisp

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
cant wait until i get these for the 97

Weld RTS S77

59fy.jpg

Griggs GR40 SLA Autocross/Open Track system
http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=4332_4310_4347_1060&products_id=517

AutoCross.jpg

Wilwood 6 piston 14in superlite brake kit
( i'd like to find a way to get the 6 piston caliper to fit the rears since i dont want puny single piston calipers on the rears)

140-9117-R_kit-sm.jpg

brake_kit_140-9117-R-med-lg.jpg

and yes you guys are looking at about 15k in parts...but hey... racecar

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Awesome build, Car looks awesome with the side exhaust and the real fr500's. Subscribed!

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Not sure if you know this or not, but if you were trying to gain access to the CCRM only, you could just take your front wheel off, and pull the inner fender....

Dont have to do that full destruction.

Pics look crisp

yeah but since i had my car parked on the street decently far from my house i had to attack that a different way...also it was kinda fun dismantling the car hahah

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
After hours of work and a new fuel pump the car still won't prime...

I have no idea what's wrong with the car. Ccrm looks fine. Old fuel pump looked fine. New fuel pump should work just fine. No blown fuses. I'm out of ideas

20160426_114500.jpg

starting to get the tank down...which was a pain

20160426_144951.jpg

finally got the pump off

20160426_145144.jpg

out

20160426_165839.jpg

all up and hopes of it working...which it doesnt...so im going to pick up a new ccrm sometime and hopefully that will work. the inertia switch is getting its 12volts on start up so im just clueless as to what it could be

(in case anyone was wondering if i spilled any fuel...yes...yes i did...all over myself...)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
i need haaaalp

Look at your fuel pump wiring. If you have power going to the pump and its not working then you either have a bad pump or a bad ground. You can unplug the fuel pump and put your own power and ground to it just to make sure the pump is working.

You said you are getting power to the inertia switch, is it coming out of the switch? Have you checked for power at the pump?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
cant wait until i get these for the 97

Weld RTS S77

59fy.jpg

Griggs GR40 SLA Autocross/Open Track system
http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=4332_4310_4347_1060&products_id=517

AutoCross.jpg

Wilwood 6 piston 14in superlite brake kit
( i'd like to find a way to get the 6 piston caliper to fit the rears since i dont want puny single piston calipers on the rears)

140-9117-R_kit-sm.jpg

brake_kit_140-9117-R-med-lg.jpg

and yes you guys are looking at about 15k in parts...but hey... racecar

Might not be a good idea to have that big of a brake in the rear

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Look at your fuel pump wiring. If you have power going to the pump and its not working then you either have a bad pump or a bad ground. You can unplug the fuel pump and put your own power and ground to it just to make sure the pump is working. You said you are getting power to the inertia switch, is it coming out of the switch? Have you checked for power at the pump?
The power is coming from the plug that goes into the switch, I haven't checked the ground or pump for that power though. Not sure how I would be able to check that

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The power is coming from the plug that goes into the switch, I haven't checked the ground or pump for that power though. Not sure how I would be able to check that

Plug the inertia switch back in and unplug the fuel pump under the rear of the car. You can turn the key on and probe that plug for power. If you can check that and report back we can go from there. If Im not explaining it clearly let me know and ill try to get some pictures and be more thorough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott