Stealth Mare: from the begining

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Plug the inertia switch back in and unplug the fuel pump under the rear of the car. You can turn the key on and probe that plug for power. If you can check that and report back we can go from there. If Im not explaining it clearly let me know and ill try to get some pictures and be more thorough.

it's getting 12v for about half a second. after that it drops down. pump still won't prime though so I'm going to drop the tank again tomorrow to make sure everything inside the tank itself is done correctly. what are your thoughts?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
it's getting 12v for about half a second. after that it drops down. pump still won't prime though so I'm going to drop the tank again tomorrow to make sure everything inside the tank itself is done correctly. what are your thoughts?

When you drop the tank, see if you can rig something up to power your pump with a battery. Make up your own wires and put constant power to the pump to see if it runs.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
now here come the photos

getting the car prepped and ready to go into the garage (yes it had to be pushed...)
20160428_130544.jpg

snapped a pic of the engine since i dont have any engine pictures on the thread
20160428_130604.jpg

20160428_135038.jpg

in the garage and up for the last time during this endeavor
20160428_141059.jpg

20160428_145212.jpg

*insert middle finger emoji*
20160428_145222.jpg

wires seemed to be on just fine but i took them off, tightened them up and then got ready to put it back in
20160428_145231.jpg

tried to hear the pump prime but i couldnt however when i came back around i figured out that the pump WAS working. it was shooting the fuel out of the line that connects to the filter so it got on the ground...thanks to my step dad for making me aware... lol
20160428_154513.jpg

ready to drop
20160428_155557.jpg

right before the moment of truth
20160428_161804.jpg

the pleasure from her starting up and hearing that wonderful purr

running and out of the garage
20160428_162620.jpg

ccrm and splash shield put back and squared away
20160428_165329.jpg

"custom" openings that i will utilize at a later date to get more air to the front brakes to cool them down
20160428_165350.jpg

front bumper back on and everything tightened up
20160428_170719.jpg

she makes this whine sound that sounds like a supercharger so i thought i would throw that in there too since im already UBER excited that she is running again

and now both the Stealth Mare and I are happy campers
20160428_172431.jpg

BIG thanks to @lwarrior1016 for all the insight on ways to fix my issue

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Was it ccrm related?

you know, im not completely sure. its possible that the ccrm wasn't sending the right amount of voltage to the pump since it wasnt working how it should have, and now with it being fixed the pump gets full power. i had the pump out as well as the ccrm in addition to the battery being out, so the computer could have reset. regardless the pump is new and works, so at the end of the day i learned that: the ccrm can cause this issue; the fuel pump can cause this issue; the fuses being blown can cause this issue; and the crankshaft position sensor can cause this issue if it is bad.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Might not be a good idea to have that big of a brake in the rear

i know baer makes a kit where you can fit the 6 piston calipers in the rear with 14in rotors. i will try to get at least 4 piston calipers in the rear when that time comes. if the shelby gt350/R can fit 15in rotors and 4 piston calipers in the rear then i think a purpose built track/autocross car can live with the bigger brake system in the rear, but thats my goal. might not be someone elses

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
i know baer makes a kit where you can fit the 6 piston calipers in the rear with 14in rotors. i will try to get at least 4 piston calipers in the rear when that time comes. if the shelby gt350/R can fit 15in rotors and 4 piston calipers in the rear then i think a purpose built track/autocross car can live with the bigger brake system in the rear, but thats my goal. might not be someone elses
I didnt mean that you couldnt fit it in the rear. I just meant that youll need to have it brake balanced if you want it to perform good at the track. But thats just my thought process and suggest looking into it. However, its your car and you do what you'd like. Didnt mean to give you grief or criticize you about it. Just offering you some insight and education. If you would like to get into that, i recommend that you review the article below. Do what you will with the information.

http://stoptech.com/technical-suppo...ias-and-performance-why-brake-balance-matters

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
I didnt mean that you couldnt fit it in the rear. I just meant that youll need to have it brake balanced if you want it to perform good at the track. But thats just my thought process and suggest looking into it. However, its your car and you do what you'd like. Didnt mean to give you grief or criticize you about it. Just offering you some insight and education. If you would like to get into that, i recommend that you review the article below. Do what you will with the information.

http://stoptech.com/technical-suppo...ias-and-performance-why-brake-balance-matters

so...
many...
words...

jeez hahah i need to set aside time to read all that

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
No need for the thanks man, we are all here to help each other so I help when I can. Glad you got it sorted out though, bummer that we don't know exactly what was wrong but hey, take the win when you can lol.

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
YES, great pics

Is your wing wrapped?

Nope, that's a real carbon fiber S281 spoiler, just like the svo skirts. A company called special carbon fiber out of San Diego makes LOTS of CF pieces for 94 to 04 Mustangs as well as carbon driven. Although I don't know where carbon driven is based out of

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
so ive been wanting to paint my car this color, but never bothered to see what it would look like on our cars. THAT HAS CHANGED THOUGH! i gave my brother my xbox one for his birthday but before i did that i bought forza 6 and in all the forza games ive played (i have every single forza...) ive made my car nearly exactly how it is. but i figured why not make it look more how i want it to when everything is all said and done.

this color is called carbon black, it is a color you can get on bmw models and needless to say its phenomenal on an SN95

16%2B-%2B1

16%2B-%2B2

16%2B-%2B3

16%2B-%2B4

16%2B-%2B5

16%2B-%2B6

so the last picture looks more like the color in person, the phone could only do so well taking the picture from the tv. i have a CF s351 spoiler on the car since you cant put the s281 on, a s351 heat extractor hood, HRE s101 rims which look like FR500s, forza front bumper splitter to take the place of the boss shinoda splitter im going to get and a FTR tow hook

5973356536_8be62fb492_b.jpg

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
You're paint already looks good!

I have to say though, that beemer color looks right at home on there. I love it. I also think its kind of cool that it gives kind of a blue hue when the light hits it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Staff online

Members online