Steeda Full length subframe connectors

Werecow

Reaction score
We've got a local fab shop that I'm gnna have do my SFC's when I get ready and I'm gnna have them redo my tranny cross member as well. I've still got the single hump 4cyl cross member and I'm really looking at the Stiffler's unit cause it's got the most adjustability with it, and I will have to have the mounting ears redone regardless of what I get. Mine only has the 2in mounting ears right now instead of the larger ones I need. I'm still gathering info on which SFC's to get or if I should just have them fab up a pair for me. Still a long time off so a lot up in the air...

sluggish94

Reaction score
I've had subframe connectors installed by a local muffler shop. This was about 4 years ago and if remember correctly they charged me like $100-$120. Friend of mine went to the same shop this year to try and get his installed and they just wouldn't do it. He had to go to a Mustang specific hot rod shop an hour away in Santa Clarita to get them done. They charged him double what the muffler shop charged me. Then again, that shop in Santa Clarita took care of his car in a major way. They didn't want to install the subs on there before making sure his frame rails were straight. If i were to throw some subs on Dirty Money, I'd be more inclined to get them done at a hot rod/fabrication shop. That extra money one pays for the job to get done to the utmost quality is well worth the peace of mind and security of knowing a part has been installed properly.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine installed at local body shop. Check them for prices, too.

+1 on the drive up ramp vs lift.

Werecow

Reaction score
The shop I'm looking at does a lot of fab work for local racers, drag, dirt, and asphalt, so I'm sure they won't hesitate to charge a premium for the work. But I'm sure they will do a good job. Like I said before I'm gonna talk to em about making a set of SFC'S first vs buying a set premade, cause I know if they make em there's gnna be not only materials but time also involved so it'll come down to $$$$.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I wouldn't screw around trying to have someone try to make something up when you have a perfectly good option available for less than $200 that's been designed, engineered, and manufactured to fit your application exactly. Buy the Steeda kit, have it installed, hit the welds with some primer and black satin spray, and roll.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
When the subframe connectors are installed, specify that you want the connector welded in multiple places along the connector, not just the ends. This will make the chassis stiffer. If there is a gap between the connector and the body, have them place a jack under the gap on the connector and jack the gap closed before welding. My unibody was slightly tweaked in the past and this made a world of difference.

Also, at the minimum, spray paint the welds and any other bare metal with a primer after welding but before letting the car down. Hit with any color coat so that it won’t begin rusting. You can go over it later with the colors you want without fighting rust.

lutter94

Reaction score
It's easy, and has been done.

It's easy because it's not a clearance issue with the arms? Or it doesn't lock the chassis into any strange forces/loads because it's suspended in an unnatural state? A facebook group with the name photoshop but with a welder also explains things that have been done but shouldn't have.....lol

PinkieT

Reaction score
It's easy because it's not a clearance issue with the arms? Or it doesn't lock the chassis into any strange forces/loads because it's suspended in an unnatural state? A facebook group with the name photoshop but with a welder also explains things that have been done but shouldn't have.....lol

Yes, and yes.

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
Dropped the car off to the hot rod shop yesterday morning for the install either Mon or Tues. They were having an "open house" car show. Over 130 cars there. There were a few incredible SN95's in it. One was a 2000, all black with a ROUSCH body kit and side exit exhaust. He had a Kenne Bell supercharger and longtube headers. It was lowered too. He said it gets 150mph easily with lots of pedal left but it gets a little loose feeling any faster than that. Should've took some pics...dang it

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
60487946_2292776584076390_8630665184207175680_n.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
now go home and jack your car up. Its nice enough to do one side at a time to do it just to see it. The first time I did it it tripped me out a little when the back tire started rising as I was not use to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online