Steeda UDP

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I’ve just brought a set of Steeda UDP’s for my new edge and I have a question. It is most likely a stupid question but he it is anyway. I thought the purposes of the under size pulleys that they were all under size so everything turned slower and free up a little power but the only under sized pulley is the crank one, the alternator and water pump pulley are over sized which in my head at least means that all rotating parts till rotate at the same speed and if that is the case how does this free up power?
I’m guessing I’ve got this wrong in my head ?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They have been making them for years so they know what they are doing, kind of anyway. A lot of us have put UDP's on the car and then taken them off later to return to stock including myself. The voltage issues at idle caused one alt to burn up and I knew it would not get better. If you are running a racecar or just do not find yourself stuck at a light often they are good but for the average street car I would not put them on.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
you are thinking incorrectly. larger pulleys on the alternator and PS will drive them slower. That's why blower guys buy smaller pulleys to up the boost. I will be purchasing a set of march pulleys for the cobra comes with a 4 inch alternator and oversized PS as well.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Yep got my head around it no, I was looking at it all backwards
Bigger pulleys will turn slower. the only reason I’m fitting them is because I found a set for £50 and was interested to see what all the fuss was about so am going to see if I can actually notice a difference between the stock set up and the steeda UDP’s
I may not keep them on the car just interested in how they compare to stock

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Well I should have them fitted on Monday and then I will take the car out for a spin. Got another question for you lot in the states, how common is the diablosport tuner, do you have many garages out their that tune cars with this system?
Looks like I’ve made a mistake buying one cause NO one here in the U.K. tunes cars with that system they all use SCT

apsmith49921

Reaction score
i had a diablo sport on my 98gt. They've come a long way the original predator was behind compared to the xcal 3 and such. What are your tuning goals? I'm pretty sure you can find someone to do an email tune. you would always be able to swap data logs back and forth to dial it in. If you're NA with basic bolt ons no reason to pay several hundred bucks for a dyno tune.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
There is no one in the U.K. that I can find that would do an email tune with the diablosport system, is there anyone in the states that could do this ?
I want to increase the 260 BHP to over 300 BHP that would be nice. mice all ready got long tube headers, full de cat exhaust ( I am running true dual exhaust system), aluminium prop shaft, 4.10 gears, CAI, 75mm throttle, diablosport tune for U.K. 99Ron fuel and about to fit a steeda UDP kit. I have no idea of where this would put my BHP figure so if anyone has any ideas of roughly where my power level may be with these mod please let me know. The next step would be stage two cams but I’m really liking the way she drive at the moment so don’t want to mess that up by fitting cams.

apsmith49921

Reaction score
You wont get 300 at the wheels without cams in a 2v. Let me check around. I think there are some companies that tune diablo via mail

Which model diablo programmer is it? Some models apparently do not allow for custom tunes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
C6775499-8B67-4011-901B-E2CB205B4D3C.png So 300 at the wheels is going to be around 360 ish BHP at the flywheel?
I’m only after 300 at the flywheel so around 240 ish BHP at the wheels.
I have the diablosport intune I1000 tuner and there is a massive difference between the cars stock tune and the diablosport 93 octane tune.
So what sort of BHP should I be seeing from the mods I mentioned earlier?C6775499-8B67-4011-901B-E2CB205B4D3C.png

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I can bet you're probably at 300 at the flywheel. I thought you wanted 300 to the tires. My advice would the same as ttocs that diablo tune is probably good enough. You're not going to gain a whole lot by paying a few hundred bucks for a tune. I cant really think of any other 2v bolt ons you dont have.

Do you have any suspension mods? A nice set of control arms and some shocks/struts with springs will change the car.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
The only suspension mods I have are lowered springs can’t remember the make of them but it’s to low and the support bar under the K member hits the road on uneven roadsCC0C0B59-38F2-4177-A23D-816C59A53ADF.jpeg

apsmith49921

Reaction score
The only suspension mods I have are lowered springs can’t remember the make of them but it’s to low and the support bar under the K member hits the road on uneven roadsView attachment 6990
Yeah I have the same issue. I would recommend those items along with sub frame connectors. Those things will make a world of difference and help transfer that power to the street

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I have to ask and this may be a silly question but I want to make sure I know what they are. The sub frame connects, are they the tubular steel bars that run on both sides from the front just behind the front wheel arch to just in front of the rear wheel arch?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I have to ask and this may be a silly question but I want to make sure I know what they are. The sub frame connects, are they the tubular steel bars that run on both sides from the front just behind the front wheel arch to just in front of the rear wheel arch?
Yeah box tubing or round tubing on some.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Well UDP’s fitted and they definitely have made the throttle response faster and the engine feels a lot free to Rev. I’m running out of things to do now.
This is what I’ve done so far
CAI
75 mm throttle
Aluminium prop shaft
Lightened flywheel
UDP’s
Cobra discs and pads all round
Long tube headers
De cat
True dual exhaust system
4.10 gears
New diablosport tune for U.K. 99 Ron fuel.
She is sounding so sweet now
Except for cams what else is left?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
could start next with some shocks and struts or switch to coilovers. other options too such as tubular k member. Looks like youve got pretty much all the bolt ons you can get so your next performance oriented mod is going to be cams. Im not sure if there would be much benefit to buying a new manifold like the edlebrock or trickflow

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I have the ford performance manifold with the metal cross over. Coil overs are on my list but I know nothing about this tubular K member

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well a short list would be
heads
supercharger/turbo
built bottom end to support said forced induction
A fuel system to support the above mentioned improvements
a built tranny to support all this stuff
New axles to support the bullshtuff above
Better brakes to slow down the new faster car because of all the stupid bullshtuff above
rollcage to protect you from the all this stupid fawking bullshtufff above that will now try to kill you
new control arms(front and rear)
k member
sway bars
lowering springs, new shocks and struts

I think that should get you started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online