Steeda Under Pulley | Charging

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I am thinking of using pullies on my '01 cobra. If I am not mistaken, because of my BAMA tune it idles at 1200 rpm. Think i would have to get the specified pulley in this case? Do you guys recommend against BBK UDP's? If I am not mistaken Jerzey, you are using a gen 1 UDP kit with a Power master 49mm deep grooved alternator pulley instead of the steeda alt pulley?

I have Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, but they are first generation compared to the ones they offer now. The crank pulley and water pump pulley is slightly redesigned atleast for the GT models. Do you have any cams by any chance because 1200rpm seems very high? What are your goals?

I wanted to put the pulleys because of the slight performance gain since I have no power adder, and the added benefit of the MPG's. Honestly, I am getting 20-40mpg more per tank which is awesome. The engine revs freely and I have slight increase of low end torque off the line on top of my 3.73's. I heavily researched before even buying these pulleys for $100 bucks a year or two ago. I just never threw them on until now. I am going to go to Island dragway and see what my car runs with max bolt on's untuned.

Im just going to throw this out there and i know its been said multiple times by multiple people......
The benifit you get from udp dont out way the drawbacks, higher strain on your accessories and higher engine temps. Some people still put them on knowing these things but imo you could spend your money and get better gains on something else.

I agree with Nighttrain. Depending on what your goals are pulleys may benefit or may not benefit. I am using them more of measuring tool to see how fast my car is. When I do my H/C/I combo I am going to take them off because I can't use them with a blower. In order to run pulleys without no drawbacks I recommend Stewarts components high efficiency water pump in conjunction with Steeda pulleys. The impeller design and bearings are superior to the Ford OEM waterpump that was design for stock. This information is in Sean Hyland's book on how to build a high performance 4.6. Also if you having charging issues go with 49mm pulley a long with your steeda pulleys, save the steeda alternator pulley for the track if you want to get that 1-2hp back lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online