Steen Racing Ported NPI Heads - What kind of gains?

Reaction score
Guys,

What kind of gains are to be had with a set of Steen Racing Ported NPI heads if I were to add them to my current setup (PI intake/cams)? I need more power... I probably should've just went with the full PI swap from the get go.

What is the general consensus on the quality of Steen Racing products?

Thanks

96sohc

Reaction score
I live less than 10 minutes from the shop but have never been.
I've heard mixed reviews about them, but I don't know anyone that has their actual heads.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
There supposed to be the best as far as NPI heads go. I used to live in va beach.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
There stage 3 or whatever port n polish is maybe 2cfm less than comparably ported PI heads. If UPS had not of fucked up my NPI heads in shipping I would be having ported NPI heads on my car. As it is, I got a great deal on PI heads that are going out to MMR for their stage 3 port job.

In the new MM&FF they have TT mober with I beleive ported NPI heads making 700 hp at the crank.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I havent heard any complaints on Steen stuff, only praise. However the general consensus seems to be that Renegade heads are hands down the best heads, NPI. The price does seem to good to be true though.

I would hazzard, with no other changes, you should see about 20 rwhp with just the heads, assuming they are ported well. The nice thing is that they will accept aftermarket cams when you are ready, and they only make more power as you head down the road to madness.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
do a search for renegade racing over on modulardepot.com

Be warned though, He is not taking any new work and you are going to be looking 2k+ for a seat of his ported.

As far as only picking up 20 hp with ported NPI heads.LAWL

Do you only get 20 HP for ported PI heads? Ported NPI's depending on your setup you can see 40+ HP.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
Where can I find contact info. for renegade ive looked everywhere.

Jim doesn't have a website just email/phone...i doubt he is even taking on new customers as last i heard he was swamped with doing jobs for race teams.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
firstonraceday said:
Where can I find contact info. for renegade ive looked everywhere.

Jim doesn't have a website just email/phone...i doubt he is even taking on new customers as last i heard he was swamped with doing jobs for race teams.

That is what he told me when I inquired about a month ago. He said he did have a set of NPI heads he had ported that were ready to ship. In the neighborhood of 2200 bucks. But he is proven to make power.

Call steenracing and talk to them. They are making good power with their NPI heads.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
do a search for renegade racing over on modulardepot.com

Be warned though, He is not taking any new work and you are going to be looking 2k+ for a seat of his ported.

As far as only picking up 20 hp with ported NPI heads.LAWL

Do you only get 20 HP for ported PI heads? Ported NPI's depending on your setup you can see 40+ HP.

He asked about putting on the heads with no other changes whatsoever, and I was being slightly conservative. They really don't help a ton if you are not either forcing air through them, or drawing more via aggresive cams.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it.... why wouldn't I just get the PI heads since I already have the PI intake and cams installed? :hammer: I Just didn't want to have those adapter plates that I paid too much for go to waste you know.......

slow96mystic

Reaction score
whatever you decide to do, Steen Racing does great work. I've done business with Jason for 4 years and everything i had done was quality.

Tim

96sohc

Reaction score
sanchezcruz_20 said:
Actually, now that I think about it.... why wouldn't I just get the PI heads since I already have the PI intake and cams installed? :hammer: I Just didn't want to have those adapter plates that I paid too much for go to waste you know.......

God forbid you try and resell the adapter plates.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Steen Racing did all of the work on my car. I have their forged modular shortblock, Stage 1 NPI heads with PI exhaust valves and cams. They flow only 5cfm less than the PI heads and don't increase my compression ratio like the PI heads would have done. I'm 100% happy with their work. O0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online