Steering wheel options

joemomma

Reaction score
What is everyone running for steering wheels? Like a dumbass, I scored the bottom section of my factory leather-wrapped wheel this morning pretty good. I forgot to raise the tilt before I tried to get out, and something cut up the leather pretty good. It isn't visible, but I know it's there and it is one of those things that will bug the crap out of me. I'll feel it every time I make a turn. I'm not averse to being done with the airbag system, mind you. I'm getting a code and the light stays on anyway (5-2) so I could be persuaded to remove the bags.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can get the stock wheel rewrapped or even get the material and do it yourself. If you replace the wheel you will need to disconnect the airbag computer or it will beep every time you start the car.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I haven't thought about rewrapping it, I guess that's an option. I've seen mixed results with those kits though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I sent mine off to get wrapped because I didn't trust myself but the pics I have seen of what others did with the same kit by themselves looked just as good. If I did it again I would do it myself. Redline leathers makes a kit, great quality.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
WHAAAAT? ...didnt trust yourself? Youre kidding?...right?

Have you not recognized the mad skillz you harness with the results of your car....ppsst...youre silly! You should of wrapped it yourself.....probably would have turn out better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online