Stereo won't turn on

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Ok, so now that the car is finally running ok, its once again has begun the cycle of breaking. I have two head units, plugged them both in to verify that it wasn't a problem with the head unit itself, but when I press the on button on them both nothing happens. Only action the units can do it feed and eject cds, nothing else. Anyone had this problem before or know what it could be?

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
No power on at all, thought maybe the head unit shorted out, but the other one does the same thing. No static or sound at all coming from the speakers. I took all my sub and amp stuff out because the amp was acting up and the head unit was working just fine before. The only thing that works is the disc eject button.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I still have to check that, its been raining too hard here though. What other circuits/appliances are part of the stereo circuit?

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Running nothing right now, just the baseline ford 4 speaker system. No mach sound (didn't come with it). I pulled ALL of my aftermarket stereo stuff out. Even the amp wire to the battery.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, I forgot that we had one for the stereo, thought it was part of the cigarette lighter circuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online