Stock 94-95 Cobra 1/4 mile times?

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
There is some things I might be forgetting to mention. I bought my car after it was rebuilt, and I did a few of the bolt ons. But i do know that he also put a stage 2 racing clutch. I also have a fms alluminum driveshaft, fms c springs, and gms upper/lower control arms waiting to be installed as soon as i get my tokico 5-ways and a set of c/c plates. I'm just gonna go ahead and put them all on at once.
I forgot to tell you, the block,intake, and heads all came out of an explorer.

95MuStEtAnG

Reaction score
I should have also mentioned. I'm pretty sure when the guy built the motor, that he built it to the cobra spec. He redid the entire car to be a clone, with just a little extra power.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
What do you guys think a 95 gt with 4:10 gears, a short throw shifter and mac mufflers would run? And also a k&n filter.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
What do you guys think a 95 gt with 4:10 gears, a short throw shifter and mac mufflers would run? And also a k&n filter.

If the gears are it, they would cut a few tenths of the quarter ( if you can hook).

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
but what would a stock time be around?

man its very hard to say :-\ I think for the most part a bone stock 94-95 would do mid 14's or so with great driving. So with the gears and sticky tires...........14.0's maybe :dunno: Someone else chime in and give some info here.........

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Yeah I dunno if I believe that site either.

I guess those numbers could be possible, but it sure seems fast for the 94 Cobra :dunno:

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
^ Maybe with slicks and an outstanding driver that hit his shift points perfectly, maybe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
^ Maybe with slicks and an outstanding driver that hit his shift points perfectly, maybe.

its the 0-60 time that seems too fast to me, thats around the times that the 96-98 Cobras were running in all the auto mags and they had what.....like 60 more hp? :dunno: I know thats the time that Car & Driver had for the 99 GT and it was rated at 260hp so.............

G

GREG@SN95

95Grandtouring5.0 said:

no... reg tires and a professional driver

those are the stock times...

theres a guy running [email protected] in an 01 GT with 3.90s, catback and tune on stock tires over at mustangboards...

ya'll forget that mustangs are quick... they're power is underated out of the factory... I'm sure a 94 cobra could run 14.0 if a heavier car with similar power can run 13.5 with gears

97vertstang

Reaction score
14 flat seems to quick for me. i know they were underrated , they make more like 270hp, but i have to say they hit more like mid 14s.probably in sea level, perfect humidity, professional driver, and aired down tires to hit a 14 flat.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

theres a guy running [email protected] in an 01 GT with 3.90s, catback and tune on stock tires over at mustangboards...

ya'll forget that mustangs are quick... they're power is underated out of the factory... I'm sure a 94 cobra could run 14.0 if a heavier car with similar power can run 13.5 with gears
No, I strongly disagree with you. That car stock could never pull a 14.0 out of it's ass. I had a friend who had a 94 bone stock cobra, and whenever I ran him with my old z28 which was stock with the exception of flow master mufflers, Id always pull a couple lengths by the time it was over and my car consistently ran 13.9's. There is no way a 94-94 cobra could run a 14.0 . Especially with regular tires, your crazy. Be realistic here that is just way to outstanding.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
GREG@SN95 said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

No, I strongly disagree with you. That car stock could never pull a 14.0 out of it's ass. I had a friend who had a 94 bone stock cobra, and whenever I ran him with my old z28 which was stock with the exception of flow master mufflers, Id always pull a couple lengths by the time it was over and my car consistently ran 13.9's. There is no way a 94-94 cobra could run a 14.0 . Especially with regular tires, your crazy. Be realistic here that is just way to outstanding.

im going to look and try to find some numbers on the STOCK 94-95 Cobra

Glockz

Reaction score
Goliath5.0 said:
Just as the title says!

I have been hearing conflicting info, and wanted to ask you guys...

What does (should) a bone stock 94-95 Cobra run in the 1/4 mile?

My 94 Cobra ran consistent 14.0's at 99-100mph when it was stock. This was at 900 feet above sea level and on the stock Goodyear GSC tires. I added 355 gears a couple years ago but haven't had it back to the track since. I would say it may have dropped a tenth or possibly two with the gears.

I've always been surprised to hear of 94-95's running high 14's...seems really slow to me but not knowing the driver or the conditions it's hard to say.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Cheers,
Glockz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
96gt3vswap

Members online