Stroker Rotating Assembly

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Look up some power numbers for stroked 4.6’s, you don’t gain much from the added cost. I feel like old h2s gave some solid advice, he has used the products before. It seems like he doesn’t recommend them here.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I find the Chinese specs are good and tight, it is the hardening process that is hard, they say this type of metal needs this time and temp to get this result and that is the hard part. I have worked in China, and on tight procedures it always came back to the base metals. What was sold as 4130 was really 4130.57342911 when tested and the next lot would be a different number driving you crazy as a production engineer. It is not that the cranks are bad it is they are not going to to be as tough as USA crank and no one has ever seen a broken cast 4.6 Ford crank. Now Kellogg is used for a reason and you have to decide if your reason is good enough. I like what Eagle and Comp Cams is doing with micropolishing, it is an inherent power adder through reduction of friction.
But you're back to how fast do you want to go and how much do you want to spend?
But you are listening to the king of overkill so my opinion is worth squat.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I am not that well informed on Ford engine performance but wouldn’t a pair of performance heads be a better performance value/cost?

Yes but there aren’t any aftermarket 4.6 4V heads available per se. You’re limited to having a set ported and the fastest modular cars in the world all have ported stock heads.

Mikek777

Reaction score
I started digging around looking at parts and prices. Trying to figure out a direction to head with my Engine. Still have to wait to figure out the extent of machine work that will be done but was looking at my options.

Has anyone used or have experience with the Eagle Specialty Products offered by Summit? They have a Forged Stroker kit for $1500ish seems like a good deal. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.
What's your mileage at now ? Have you done any other mods ?

OP
OP
88stang88

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
It was a 87xxx mile engine but got hydro locked and is currently sitting at the Machine Shop. Waiting to hear if any damage was done internally and what size pistons I need to order. Was trying to figure out the pros/cons of a stroker kit and part quality from companies.

Mikek777

Reaction score
It was a 87xxx mile engine but got hydro locked and is currently sitting at the Machine Shop. Waiting to hear if any damage was done internally and what size pistons I need to order. Was trying to figure out the pros/cons of a stroker kit and part quality from companies.

Mikek777

Reaction score
I watch a video on Danny Johnston YouTube channel were he said the bottom end will be fine up to 1000 hp. Sorry I don't include the link. If your like me ? I have to budget my Mustang mods. So your making it stronger now so later you can get getting faster. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

BigBore96

Reaction score
My .02 if not going big bore I'd just run the stock crank with high quality rods and pistons.

Built a few for people with eagle and other strokers. They lasted just fine but power difference is minimal. 4vs like to breathe up top so best thing u can do is accept it. Use a gear fir low end torque and be done with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online