Strut Tower Brace that fits bbk cai 1996 gt

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by cody0170, Aug 8, 2007.

1. cody0170

cody0170 Member

OK I have 2 questions. My name is Cody and I have a 1996 GT Mustang and I just installed a new BBK Cold Air Intake and I soon realized that it will not let me use the stock strut tower anymore. I want to use it cause it kinda dresses the engine bay up a bit. I realized since I removed it when I back up or accelerate from a stand still it feels like something under the floor board almost like a hard vibration almost like a clogged muffler but more like a suspension problem. Any answers you got for these two Q's?

2. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

before my blower I had a bbk cai with my stock strut tower brace on with no problems...are you sure you installed the cai correctly?

3. 96 blue moon

96 blue moon Active Member

Like blown97stanger said your bbk cai should fit with your strut brace with no problems. I did have to remove my strut tower brace because I installed the CNL inlet pipe that's because I installed a 99-04 inlet pipe for my set up. Did purchase the right BBK cai setup for your car? If Im not mistaken, I do believe that on 99 and up they did not come with the strut tower braces but I might be wrong.

4. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 Legend

I also had a couple CAI's with the stock strut tower brace. The noise under the floor is probably the mid pipe thumping on the crossmember

5. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

Me too, mine fit perfect with the BBK, i never removed it to install the BBK CAI...

6. cody0170

cody0170 Member

ya the sould of that thumping is kinda wierd hard to explain. but sounds like the mid pipe kinda fits in to how that could make that sound. prolly should look into it a little more. just worried at the time being.