summit racing headers

Reaction score
bought headers from summit. and well the picture speaks for itself. for one the welds look like a blind person did it and 2 theres a nice hole where apparently somebody cant see that its not welded. plain and simple this is shotty workmanship and is not inspected. i think i will just run a cover pass over it to sea it up. ALWAYS INSPECT YOUR WELDS.
310978_563838940305104_496720562_n.jpg
71444_563839020305096_1512758913_n.jpg
378176_563839126971752_1329988515_n.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My BBK shorties had so much extra weld build up where the flange and tubes were welded together it was no better than the stock headers. I ended up grinding out aprox 1/8th of the weld all of the way around each tube.

Yours is definately a crappy weld job.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Some of Summits stuff is good, other things are crap. Summit branded parts are made by other manufactures and just branded as summit and sold at a cheaper price then the company who originally made it. Summit does not actually make or produce any of their listed parts.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
^this. You just got some of their bad stuff man. Must have been from one of the cheaper companies

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

OP
OP

Reaction score
man i snapped on them. and right on the box it says inspected for quality. i told them bullshit you inspected them. i work in a weld shop and see tig, pulse, flux, and hardwire, all day long. for one i can weld a million times better than this. two on the collector is all gobbed up and looks shitty. i can deal with the shitty looking portion of it. but by no means will i accept a missed weld. i will grind it down and lay a new bead to seal it. i am waiting for my rocker arm to get here so i can set the lash and fire it up. i am running out of time to getting my car done. i want it done by may 1st

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
send it back and order a better one. A shit job like that doesn't deserve to keep your money. I know it will delay your car but they better pay you half back and u keep it or just take it back for a full refund+shipping.

OP
OP

Reaction score
they said refund or exchange. i dont want to have another hickup. if they send another one and thats messed up im back to square one again. its only a small hole that i can fill with ease. i have to cut the hpipe hangers off and move them to where they need to be anyway so the welder will be running anyway. but i just cant believe that they were like oh well just send it back like its no big deal. its shit like this that will lose customers.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
i second what Venom said . Its pretty hilarious if you call them and per say ask about a RCI fuel cell which is like 400 for a 5 gallon ( im not exaggerating) they have their own brand ( summit brand) my salesman told me he said to be honest with you he said our tanks are made by RCI i know for sure he said so why spend the extra . Same as their distrubutors are more than likely made by MSD. but still when you have a partnership with a company to make your products you should inspect on both sides you would think but they would have to pay some idiot 7 dollars a hour to do that i guess they rather get yelled at who knows. now heres my conspiracy theory ( for now) what if they make quality defects in the summit brand products in order to drive you to spend the extra cash seeing as most people know their products are made by a so called "Name brand " anyhow. All in all Summit Racing has wonderfull prices and excellent customer service I deal with them on a regular basis ( Part of owning a Ford jk guys calm im not biased or I wouldnt own it ) but I shall leave it at that. GREENSTANG OUT " Smell a little cripsy smell ? Well its not your tailpipes! it's a little bit of SHHHAAAKE AND BAAAKE! SHAKE AND BAKE!"

OP
OP

Reaction score
it very well could be to get you to move up to spending more money but really why risk it. i know that a big company like them losing one customer doesnt hurt. BUT its the long run that gets them one person shows the shit work and it just trickles from there eventually you get a bad rep and lose many more customers. i bought them because i was on a time crunch and budget

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online