Sup from the panhandle of Florida

Kracker972

Reaction score
Thanks for the add! I'm new the this forum but not to modulars. I got a 98 turd. Nothing special
Mods are inside fender cold air, tune and 4.10 gears. Pi cams arrived today and intake will be here Thursday. I'm going to keep the Npi heads. Coyote swap is in the near future hopefully. So no need to swap heads for 10 to 15 hp 1022200828.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the add! I'm new the this forum but not to modulars. I got a 98 turd. Nothing special
Mods are inside fender cold air, tune and 4.10 gears. Pi cams arrived today and intake will be here Thursday. I'm going to keep the Npi heads. Coyote swap is in the near future hopefully. So no need to swap heads for 10 to 15 hp View attachment 7448

Welcome to the insanity.

I just got back from the panhandle. Love my pcb!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You’ll like it here, some of us have completed a Coyote swap and a few others are making progress toward completing. Speaking of PI swaps though, I drove a PI swapped 98 GT Sunday and it was quick enough to be interesting. Although, even with 3.73’s, it felt pretty gutless down low and I know I could whip it with my F150.

OP
OP
Kracker972

Kracker972

Reaction score
I have had 3 lincoln mark viii's which I tuned it my self. But my lap top with my software was lost years ago. Last mark had a cobra intake swap and 4.30 gears woke my last one up. Had a 86 that I built gt40 set up ported and polished with crane 1.7 rollers 3.73 gear.and it got total tring to get my 98 close to my what my fox was to hold me me over while I start piecing my coyote swap together I spent the last year building my yukon so it's time to start working on the mustang. I'm just running a bama tune on my sn95 for convenience. Once I get everything done I have a dyno tune done

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome along! Car looks clean!

Can you snap a pic of the cams part #'s for us?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If you look through the npi and pi cams spec thread over in the 2v tech section, youll see toward the thread end a few pics of cam part #'s. The guy who posted them also stated they were from a 4.6l truck. Your cam part# are the same as his.

From my finds, mustang pi cams are the best performer of the stock selections and im not 100% positive if the mustang specific cams all had the same identification markings meaning part# and manufacturing codes. But what i do know is, the specific mustang and the 5.4l cams had more exhaust lift. My suggestion is take measure of the lobes. Youll be looking for the exhaust lobe lift point to be .020"+ bigger than the intake lobe. In other words....when measuring all the lobes lifts, youll come up with 2 different measures if they are mustang specific cams. If not, all the lobes will measure close to the same.

OP
OP
Kracker972

Kracker972

Reaction score
If you look through the npi and pi cams spec thread over in the 2v tech section, youll see toward the thread end a few pics of cam part #'s. The guy who posted them also stated they were from a 4.6l truck. Your cam part# are the same as his.

From my finds, mustang pi cams are the best performer of the stock selections and im not 100% positive if the mustang specific cams all had the same identification markings meaning part# and manufacturing codes. But what i do know is, the specific mustang and the 5.4l cams had more exhaust lift. My suggestion is take measure of the lobes. Youll be looking for the exhaust lobe lift point to be .020"+ bigger than the intake lobe. In other words....when measuring all the lobes lifts, youll come up with 2 different measures if they are mustang specific cams. If not, all the lobes will measure close to the same.

OP
OP
Kracker972

Kracker972

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I'll look it up I bought the from a guy that road races his sn95 he got new cams grinded an sold the for 40 buck so for that amount I cant complain lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online