Swapping a 2007 crown vic engine into my 1996 GT

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I found a super clean P71 engine at Pick n pull the other day. I scored it for $200!! Anyways, I am going to pretty much directly swap it but swap my PI intake and my stock '96 timing cover. I could probably compare the oil pans when I have the old engine out, but will the crown vic oil pan work in my '96 GT? I also have the stock pressure plate from the Crown vic which probably wont work with my gt. Other than that, the water pump and the rest of the long block will be swapped into my GT. Is there anything i should know before doing the swap?

Thanks,

Randy

chris91

Reaction score
You shouldnt have to swap the intake. They have the PI intake. You cant use the flexplate off the Crown Vic though.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The oil pans are really close to being the same. Mustang does have a specific oil pan, but im 100% sure the older vic pans were close enough. New vic pans...not so sure

Dang...if you scored a 2007 vic pi engine for $200....you got a deal, running engine or not. The heads are 8thread sparkplug!

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
Thanks, I thought it was a good find as well. Damn, I doubt my 2000 mustang windsor plugs will work then. Damn! I bought them and only used them for 30 minutes! At least the plug wires will work. Ill have to check out the pan and see if it would work. It could just be a deeper pan (more capacity) from what I understand but ill take a look. Looks like ill be swapping the flexplate as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online