Tail of the Dragon

Saint

Reaction score
OK...I know I'm kind of new here but I'd like to set up a meet for members whom are close or willing to drive to deals gap North Carolina

It is pretty much on the state line of TN and NC

When = April 21 - 22
Where = Deals Gap North Carolina

Once it gets closer to that time I will arrange for a hotel location

Events

23rd - meet, shoot the breeze with members, photo Shoot , Cruise to get food at a restarunt

24th - beakfast , Cruise to the tail of the dragon, photoshoot, run the dragon, get food....say our good byes

I know this is pretty far for some members so I'm not expecting this to be a big turn out

We are pretty for away from June so the date is subject to change

Thank you, If you in say your in and you'll be added to the list, I will also take counts and update the list,

Also state where you are coming from as this will be important if things get called off, pushed forward or pushed back due to the elements

Also, throw in your ideas and suggestions

Thanks

Note: We will not be speeding on the Dragon....Slowest car gets put at the front of the pack :p and a pink horse grill emblem for the day....jk

if you've been here a while and know this isn't going to work just say it

The List
Saint
CC'S95GT - maybe
97LSxGT
svt slobra
MustangChris
97whitevert
jo4roush99
blsticms1 - maybe
bonestock3.8DTH - maybe
shorty

Time Change Votes(closed)

Date has been Changed to April 21-22

meeting point

We'll meet at fontana village resort at 10:00AM April 21 2012.

Fontana Village Resort 300 Woods Roads, Fontana Dam North Carolina

I plan to stay at Dragon pit inn.....please make reservations

http://www.dragonpittinnandbbq.com/

the area is sort of desolate there are more hotel options here

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

in one week everyone we receive a pm to make sure you are attending this event along with my phone number, I will also request yours...again...be sure to make your hotel reservations

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
That road is awesome. 318 turns in 11 miles. I have made the drive up there from ATL and ran it from the Tn. side and back. I usually make the trip in October / November time frame though. I'll have to see what's happening as the summer get closer.

Marvin97

Reaction score
I've ran it many times, me and some friends make it a point to go every year. Its a heck of a trip if you've never been. Although I will say that we went over the summer one year and it was hot as balls and not alot of fun. It is a much better trip to take in the spring or fall. Fall especially, once the leaves start changing its beautiful out there.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
I've ran it many times, me and some friends make it a point to go every year. Its a heck of a trip if you've never been. Although I will say that we went over the summer one year and it was hot as balls and not alot of fun. It is a much better trip to take in the spring or fall. Fall especially, once the leaves start changing its beautiful out there.

I like your idea about the fall I chose summer since most people will be able to take leave around that time... but depending on input this could get pushed backwards or forward...Cause it being HOT does sound unfavorable...

Maybe we could move this up to mid MAY

We'll see how the attendance is looking by mid April

Thanks everyone

97LSxGT

Reaction score
I vote for fall and i can probably get some more people in..the parkway isnt fun at all hot...but of.course i had my camaro last time i did it in the summer..t tops off and charcoal leather interior got hot quick lol

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
I figured I'd go ahead and add that this road is extremely curvy that we are going to be riding on. Be sure tires and suspension are in good condition for an enjoyable experience.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
I got the same drive coming from mid TN right around 3hours lol I love the drive through the mountains though

But I got you on the list jo...When It gets closer to that time Everyone will be getting a PM from me to exchange numbers, I'm still trying to determine a decent meeting location.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
mutstang is coming also

MustangChris? I got him down...Or someone else...I'm hoping this will be a big turn out lol

Someone is going to have to bring a camera for the shoot, Maybe Dalamar will put a pic from it on next years calendar...or maybe we'll all make the cover with a group shot lol.

Also and one with a fender mount go pro camera feel free to mount up :D

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Put me down as a maybe. I still have other priorities like a family. LOL It's a 3 hour ride from ATL to the Tenn side. I have no idea about getting to the NC side.

driftingmustang

Reaction score
Im moving back to georgia in june so there is a possibility i may attend........I dont know if ill have a mustang (again, will be my third) yet though.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll def have my camera and GoPro with me if I can make it. Don't see why I can't though unless more shit goes wrong with my cars. Which is a huge possibility

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
Put me down as a maybe. I still have other priorities like a family. LOL It's a 3 hour ride from ATL to the Tenn side. I have no idea about getting to the NC side.

LOL it's cool man we all have other priorities...even myself whom is nearly always on the forums :D ....Kids, girlfriends and wives are welcome to this event as we won't be speeding on the dragon nor going to a bar...bar time will be at each members own accord and getting wasted is not advised but we are all adults so I'll save that speech, but I know mustangs weren't too much meant for anyone riding in the back seat lol

By the way if anyone does drink too much the first night of the meet then me and another member will be glad to conduct sober rides.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online