Teksid 4v guys - I’ve got some questions

03torchgt

Reaction score
Looks like it’s time for an upgrade. I’d like to make 700whp if possible. I’ve decided to go with a teksid 4v build but I’ve got a few questions. Will my supercharger work on a 4v? What will I need to do fuel wise to support that amount of power? Any suggestions on where to look for a teksid engine? (Preferably no donor car) I’ve been looking on eBay and a few other places but I’m not entirely sure what I need to be looking out for. Any suggestions?

2003 mustang gt 5 speed
Vortech v2 si
cx racing intercooler
tail q bov
Bbk 78mm tb
slp lm1s
Mac Pro chamber
4.10 gears
39lb injectors
Division x Stryker fuel pump

doggiedoc

Reaction score
Fuel wise: I plan to convert to a return style to support that power goal.

OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
Let me ask
Why not run 2v to achieve the 700hp?

I’ve considered that I’ve just always liked the idea of having a 4v. The guy helping me with the build favors them too. I agree I could get that power but won’t a 4v flow more than a 2v?

I saw a teksid on craigslist a couple of days ago. It’s in Rowan County North Carolina.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/d/cleveland-ford-46-teksid-aluminum-block/7168071332.html

I have a Darton wetsleeved teksid with 3.7 inch bore and stock stroke for 5.0L. My target HP is 700 HP with 2v.

EDIT: fixed typos

Thanks for the link man! I like the idea of a return style but that’s all new to me and I’m not sure how to go about it.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I get it, the 4v does look 10x better and yes they flow well enough to run 6sec in a quarter mile straight out of the box, but certain aspects of the head make them not as reliable, although easy fixes. Locking out the chain tensioners and routine monitoring are needed, but not really required for 700hp. Best part the 4v valve springs handle the boost no problem. 2v pi head springs are really setup up for whats needed and a little extra. So thinking out loud, i see why the switch make sense.

OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
Found an 03 cobra motor with 14k miles that comes with the stock Eaton for $7k. Almost wonder if that’d be a better option than trying to throw everything together on my own.

doggiedoc

Reaction score
Probably - the front SC brace is the biggest challenge. A complete engine will have that.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I would think the 03 cobra engine almost be a direct swap. Get it tuned out, be ready to roll out!

Success rate would be much higher

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.