The best Mustang to buy with $23,000

Z28 This

Reaction score
Peter said:
I honestly think the 03/04 cobra was one of the best cars ever made. Based on price, performance and upgradability. The only problem is the IRS an optional solid rear from the factory would have been awsome but oh well

yea...but replacing the IRS isnt that much of a problem...i deff think its one of the best cars ever made

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Z28 This said:
Peter said:
I honestly think the 03/04 cobra was one of the best cars ever made. Based on price, performance and upgradability. The only problem is the IRS an optional solid rear from the factory would have been awsome but oh well

yea...but replacing the IRS isnt that much of a problem...i deff think its one of the best cars ever made

Im considering swapping mine after I get my blower bolted on later this year :)

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Out of curosity, b/c I really have no idea on this issue, but can't you swap the IRS for a solid axle out of our cars?

STNG_96

Reaction score
Peter said:

agreed

Adam

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Out of curosity, b/c I really have no idea on this issue, but can't you swap the IRS for a solid axle out of our cars?

yes

Z28 This

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Peter said:

Im considering swapping mine after I get my blower bolted on later this year :)

deff worth it..my friend got a 04 cobra and put full bolt ons well he hated the IRS so me and him took it out and put it a solid rear and omg what a diff....if you need help puttin urs in or w.e just holla at me...

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Adam said:
94gtstang50 said:

yes

ok, anyone ever heard of one(03 snake) with 4:10's in it, or would that be too much gear?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No, I haven't

You would have NO traction, with all that low end torque.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
lol, I would probably take a nice meaty sum of money to set up a rear for those gears.

Z28 This

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
lol, I would probably take a nice meaty sum of money to set up a rear for those gears.

they drive and own a 03-04 cobra with 500+rwhp they got money lol...

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I'm speaking for my broke-ass self that might take out a loan to buy one, then swap my rear in my sn with the irs in the cobra.

Z28 This

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
I'm speaking for my broke-ass self that might take out a loan to buy one, then swap my rear in my sn with the irs in the cobra.

oh gotcha ;)

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Ford dealer near me has a 04 Mach 1 with 6,600 miles on it. It is Screaming Yellow, Black intirior, 5 speed. They are asking I believe $25,000. I know that is over your $23,000 range but thought it was worth mentioning. It is in Easton Pa. just across the New Jersey border. It was at Brown Daub Ford, but I think they moved it to Brown Daub Kia. If you are interested I will run by and see if it is still available.

As far as Cobra prices go, I bought mine last October and paid $6,600 for it, with 131,000 miles on it.

Adam

Reaction score
94GTSTANG50 said:

Actually there are a few different companies that make upgraded halfshafts and unpgraded centersections as well. You retain the IRS ride but it will take more abuse. Yes my broke ass would love to take a loan out for one too. I told my wife it is so fast that I wouldn't even mod it........ this was her----------> :rollinglaugh:

Adam :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online