the cams r ordered

GaryG

Reaction score
Well I ordered the cams, springs an retainers today. I purchased the CMS stage 3 blower cams, specs r: .545/.545 lift 238/242 duration @ .050, 115 lsa

For those of u who hasn't seen my recent thread, the reason I got blower cams is because next year (if all goes as planned) I will be buying a kenne bell 2.1

Now I just need a stall, tranny cooler an a sct tuner

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new cams great choice by the way Jim definitley has
a solid reputation with mustang enthusiasts.
I would take Blown97stanger's and my advice and purchase your transmission cooler
and stall from Darrin at BC Auto.Then get a SCT Xcal 2 or 3 to seal the deal.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
Thanks man. Yea I will talk to him when the time gets closer, it wont be til mid next month now that I just spent $800+. Thankfully that's coming out of my account at work

Pennywise2

Reaction score
GaryG said:
Thanks man. Yea I will talk to him when the time gets closer, it wont be til mid next month now that I just spent $800+. Thankfully that's coming out of my account at work
Cool beans Darrin will take good care of you and I agree parts get expensive quick.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
GaryG said:
Cool beans Darrin will take good care of you and I agree parts get expensive quick.

I installed a Darrin special 4r in a kb 2.6 03 cobra this summer....hes def a good dude and over on Misfits too

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
Darrin is over on misfits? I haven't been on there in awhile. What's his username?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
OK before I forget to ask this question to, I've heard the term degreeing cams, but what does that actually do? Does it help with low rpm drivability or what?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
GaryG said:
OK before I forget to ask this question to, I've heard the term degreeing cams, but what does that actually do? Does it help with low rpm drivability or what?
Degreeing a camshaft is very important.
The goal is to prevent PTV contact.PTV=Piston to valve or piston touching your valve.
I subjest you read these links Gary and do some research.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?+=55904&highlight=degree+cams%3F
http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8501737

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Some guys like to grind keyways, me personally am going with MPH custom grind blower cams, crower springs/steel retainers, and Comp adjustable cam gears

NERD

Reaction score
Congrats on the new cams. Why did you choose to go with the S3's? What power levels are you looking at?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
sxynerd said:
Congrats on the new cams. Why did you choose to go with the S3's? What power levels are you looking at?

I went with them because I am hoping to have about 650 rwhp by the time the engine is finished. My goal is to build the bottom end and get the KB next yr, possibly even the trick flow 2v heads. Then sometime in 2011 I'm converting my car to e85.

NERD

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid plan. I have an E85 tune for my car although for me, in my state, the result isn't worth the need or cost. If you need some idea of what E85 tuning needs PM when you're ready. It's A great alternative to race gas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online