the cams r ordered

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thats what we are here for! I needed the same help when I was deciding which route to go with fuel!

cmher18

Reaction score
Cams in these little 2Vs really wake these motors up. Before you by the 2.1 Look around I been seeing bigger KBs going fairly cheap. Look on Modular Powerhouses website.

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:
Cool ill check it out

BTW guys, thanks for all ur help, I cant thank u guys enough, u all have been very helpful

No problem man! That's the purpose of all these forums. We're here to help each other out, have fun, and make some great friends :)

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
Chris@MMR said:
Cams in these little 2Vs really wake these motors up. Before you by the 2.1 Look around I been seeing bigger KBs going fairly cheap. Look on Modular Powerhouses website.

I learned I need the 2.6, the cheapest one I saw on MPH was, iirc, $5699, on KB's site they list it at $5500. Unless ur thinking of a used 2.6, which I don't want to go that route.

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:
Chris@MMR said:

I learned I need the 2.6, the cheapest one I saw on MPH was, iirc, $5699, on KB's site they list it at $5500. Unless ur thinking of a used 2.6, which I don't want to go that route.

If you don't mind me asking, how much money have you saved up? I have $1,900, but that goes towards painting the car lol.

So basically i'm starting out right now with $0, until my bike sells, then i'll have $3,500. I figure I need about $7k for everything.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
I'm at $0 also, the purchase of the KB wont be til mid-late 2010. Right now my plans r to pay off these cams then save up for the stall, trans cooler and tuner. After that will be the bottom end, fuel supply, then the KB.

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:
I'm at $0 also, the purchase of the KB wont be til mid-late 2010. Right now my plans r to pay off these cams then save up for the stall, trans cooler and tuner. After that will be the bottom end, fuel supply, then the KB.
GaryG said:

Awesome, i'm hoping for late 2010 lol.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
bottlefed97 said:
GaryG said:
That is too weird LOL

haha it is! We are gonna have some bad@ss cars :p

Yup an they will be a blast driving on the street. Can u imagine 550+ rwhp at 2000 rpm? Too bad we don't live in the same town/state

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
While I'm thinking of it, do I have to have bigger injectors for those cams or will my stock injectors work fine for now?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
Will it run on the stock injectors tho when running the cams? I don't really want to buy new injectors now then have to sell them to get bigger injectors when I get the KB

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:
Will it run on the stock injectors tho when running the cams? I don't really want to buy new injectors now then have to sell them to get bigger injectors when I get the KB

My car runs perfect with stage III cams and stock injectors, but the cams hurt horsepower N/A, I only made 277 with those cams, ported heads, and full bolt ons.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
Quick question, when I get the cams, do I have to have the stall in the car when I put the cams in or can I run it without the stall an just put it in neutral at a stop?

bottlefed97

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with auto cars, but I would imagine that putting the stall in with/before the cams would be best

bottlefed97

Reaction score
I have sad news...

I'm going a different direction than a 2.6KB. I'm going with a ProCharger P1SC. I just can't afford the Kenne brand new and I don't want a used one.

I know a guy who is getting me a brand new P1 kit for dealer cost (he is a dealer and a friend) so I think this is best for now :sad5:

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
That sucks man, good luck tho

The only way I will go a different route is if I do the procharger f1a or f1c, I love how loud they whine at idle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online