the cams r ordered

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
I like it because of the simple fact that it has 105 octane and cheaper than gas. I'm going to have the conversion done by a guy that works at a dyno shop.

Quick question tho, with running the e85, I should be able to stay around my current compression (10.5) right?

NERD

Reaction score
GaryG said:
I like it because of the simple fact that it has 105 octane and cheaper than gas. I'm going to have the conversion done by a guy that works at a dyno shop.

Quick question tho, with running the e85, I should be able to stay around my current compression (10.5) right?

Absolutely you'll be able to have the higher compression. The 105 will give more insurance over the premium anyway you look at it. The issue is with fuel consumption with E85.

You need more of it. So it's a trade off. At idle, you need 20% more fuel and at WOT you need 40%. So if you're getting 260MPT now at minimum (not going to WOT) you'll loose 50mpt and if you're constantly in the throttle, you'll loose just over 100mpt.

Here in Michigan E85 is $2.40/gal and premium gas is $2.80. I'll end up spending almost twice as much for fuel with with E85 because I'll need to go to the pump almost twice as much "even though," I'm initially saving 10% per gal.

Now in a state like Texas where the average price is 1.80 cost effectively it works out for the added benefit of 105 octane.

It's a great alternative to race gas if that's your purpose.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
yea i have been to e85mustangs.com an read up on it, plus they had an article in either MM&FF or 5.0 mustang that they did the conversion on a 03-04 mach 1

bottlefed97

Reaction score
You're planning on making 650 with a 2.1 Kenne Bell?

How much boost are you going to run? At 15 lbs, the 2.1 is maxed out, and make about 500 on a stock GT motor. With heads/cams it may push you to 550, but i've never heard of 650 on a 2.1

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
O damn I didn't know that. I guess I should have done more research on them. What's the next size, 2.6?

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:
O damn I didn't know that. I guess I should have done more research on them. What's the next size, 2.6?

Yep! 2.6 makes anywhere from 9-24ish lbs of boost, and make anywhere from 500 to 950 horsepower :)

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
O jeez, just the HP potential I needed to hear. NOT!! LOL. That would definately make me able to beat my boss, 07 gt500 pushing 700hp

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:
O jeez, just the HP potential I needed to hear. NOT!! LOL. That would definately make me able to beat my boss, 07 gt500 pushing 700hp

Haha! I'm planning on going the same route as you.

My current setup:
-MMR 1100 shortblock
-Ported heads
-Stage III blower cams
-Full bolt ons
-255 Walbro fuel pump

My future setup:
-Brand new 2.6 "Tuner" Kit from Kenne Bell
-03/04 Cobra fuel tank with dual 255 pumps
-60# injectors
-8 rib system
-Smaller pulley make 20 lbs of boost

I'm hoping to push 650-700 to the wheels. Just in case you didn't know, the "Tuner" Kit from Kenne Bell is everything minus the injectors, belt, and MAF. So basically you have to buy all those parts seperately to make the kit complete, and you have to get the car dyno tuned (obviously) lol.

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
bottlefed97 said:
GaryG said:

Haha! I'm planning on going the same route as you.

My current setup:
-MMR 1100 shortblock
-Ported heads
-Stage III blower cams
-Full bolt ons
-255 Walbro fuel pump

My future setup:
-Brand new 2.6 "Tuner" Kit from Kenne Bell
-03/04 Cobra fuel tank with dual 255 pumps
-60# injectors
-8 rib system
-Smaller pulley make 20 lbs of boost

I'm hoping to push 650-700 to the wheels. Just in case you didn't know, the "Tuner" Kit from Kenne Bell is everything minus the injectors, belt, and MAF. So basically you have to buy all those parts seperately to make the kit complete, and you have to get the car dyno tuned (obviously) lol.

I saw that last night when I was on KB's site. Also found out something that kind of gives me high hopes, one of their old test cars (99-04 gt) had a auto an made close to 700 rwhp.

That's pretty crazy how both of us have the same goal in mind. I think the only thing that's going to be different between our motors is the heads, I'm getting the trick flow 2v heads

bottlefed97

Reaction score
Yea their test car makes some SERIOUS power! I can't wait til I get a Kenne Bell, unfortunately I have to save quite a bit before I can get it lol

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
bottlefed97 said:
Yea their test car makes some SERIOUS power! I can't wait til I get a Kenne Bell, unfortunately I have to save quite a bit before I can get it lol

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. The only way I could buy those cams was to have them put on my account at work (I work for a Ford dealership). Now I'm trying to save up for the stall, tranny cooler an tuner

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:
bottlefed97 said:

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. The only way I could buy those cams was to have them put on my account at work (I work for a Ford dealership). Now I'm trying to save up for the stall, tranny cooler an tuner

That is awesome! Are you gonna buy a used/new blower kit? I'm considering buying a brand new 2.6 kit, that way I know it hasn't been abused. $5,500 is a lot though lol. Do you have a built motor?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
I don't have one yet, but that's next years plan. I'm also buying a new 2.6

bottlefed97

Reaction score
GaryG said:

Are you going with 60# injectors, 20 lbs of boost, and a 90mm MAF as well?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
he will need the SCT BA3000 or 05+ MAF, which I just recently learned the 90mm LMAF gets pegged at 450rwhp

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
bottlefed97 said:
GaryG said:

Are you going with 60# injectors, 20 lbs of boost, and a 90mm MAF as well?

Yup, well I think I will need bigger injectors for running the e85, I think its 72 lb injectors. But I'll have to check on that again

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
he will need the SCT BA3000 or 05+ MAF, which I just recently learned the 90mm LMAF gets pegged at 450rwhp

Do u think I will need a 110mm?

OP
OP
G

GaryG

Reaction score
Cool ill check it out

BTW guys, thanks for all ur help, I cant thank u guys enough, u all have been very helpful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online