Thinking into putting some speakers in the Stang???

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Im thinking about putting some speakers in my mustang can anybody recommend a good speaker brand/Amp. Thanks

916_5.0

Reaction score
I would go with polk audio they make really good speakers. As far as amps go I would say rockford or alpine, or if you really wanna go all out get a hyphonics amp, if your getting an amp you probably want a sub too though. Do you have an aftermarket deck.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
I dont have anything beside a aftermarket cd player lol and dont really have a budget but im not trying to put a whole of $$$ into it just want a little beat in the trunk

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How much beat in the trunk are you wanting? I'm not too worried with beating so hard that my ears bleed, but some people are into that. I have 1 12" Sony Xplod powered by a 1000w Sony amp. It doesn't hit hard but sounds great with my 6.5" front Memphis Audios and 6x9s rears. The amp/sub combo was pretty cheap compared to others, but it's plenty for me. My friend has 2 12" Kicker CVRs in his car and those hit pretty friggin hard. It just depends on what you want...

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
duh09 said:
How much beat in the trunk are you wanting? I'm not too worried with beating so hard that my ears bleed, but some people are into that. I have 1 12" Sony Xplod powered by a 1000w Sony amp. It doesn't hit hard but sounds great with my 6.5" front Memphis Audios and 6x9s rears. The amp/sub combo was pretty cheap compared to others, but it's plenty for me. My friend has 2 12" Kicker CVRs in his car and those hit pretty friggin hard. It just depends on what you want...
Dont want nothing serious just wanna have a little beat like you said i dont want nothing thats going to make my ears bleed just a nice audio system

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Kickers are def a good bang for the buck. The only reason I have my Sony setup is my parents bougt it and nothing beats free ha

twinmill

Reaction score
let me help you on this one :) i know im new but heres what im running and their amazing

2 kicker 10" l7s i paid $376.00 for the pair with 2 year warranty off of ebay

these things are amazing and im only running off half power with a kicker zx 500 amp $210.00 off ebay

their worth the money heck you could do one 10" l7 with a 500 watt amp for around 400$ and ur system will be louder than people runinning 2 comp kicker cvrs.

the l7's are rated at 650 rms watts and 1500 peak if you want more specs message me

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Im biased I guess. Im running two Alpine Type R Components, Alpine R Sub, Alpine Deck and Alpine Amps....

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I like my alpine headunit. Oh and please save yourself the money and dont buy the stuff from a shop. Online is SO much cheaper.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Oh and please save yourself the money and dont buy the stuff from a shop. Online is SO much cheaper.
Yeah i know shops are high i've been to couple but thanks

Marvin97

Reaction score
I've done quite a bit with car audio, many different brands out there. I had a 12inch Alpine type R, probably the cleanest sounding sub out there. Kicker is loud, but not the best quality of sound IMO. I had a pair of 10" MOFO's in a single cab S-10, those little subs are vicious and will take a beating. But u need to make sure you have a big enough box and a good compatible amp. The amp will have a whole lot to do with your system, don't skimp on it. Get a quality unit like Alpine, Kicker, or a JL amp. They rate their stuff lower than most companies cause they use true ratings, don't just look at wattage ratings. A 500 watt Alpine amp will blow the bolts out of a 2400 watt Blitz ebay special. I guess what im saying is do a lot of research, and pay for it now. Systems are easy to sink a lot of money into because you didn't do it right the first time. If I had to do it again, it would be an Alpine mono block amp and the Alpine Type R 12". Should be all u need man.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
some shops are a ripoff, i have a friend that used to work in a local audio store and he does all the work for me.

all he ask for is a few burritos and a coke. :laughing5:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online